Team Leader/Production – 1st Shift
Metal Powder Products Co.
The Team Leader is responsible for all production activity. This position is a leadership position and will be responsible for assisting the shift supervisor in leading people and processes with a forward outlook to continuously improve the business.
- Candidates must be organized, able to follow directions, work quickly, efficiently and independently. Ability to motivate a team to participate in process improvements and to achieve stated goals.
- Responsible for employee development, scheduling & cross training.
- Will provide feedback to supervisor on performance evaluations.
- Responsible for communication to the employees as directed by the supervisor.
- Ensure the shift supervisor is made aware of any and all policy violations.
- Responsible for meeting set goals and KPI’s including but not limited to safety, productivity, quality, cost and equipment availability.
- Train and motivate personnel to achieve company goals and objectives in a safe manner.
- Ensure that all employees are following written and/or oral instructions as provided on control plans, inspection instructions, assembly drawings, and set-up sheets.
- Write work instructions as required for operations and processes.
- Submit Maintenance Request Forms as needed using the correct procedure.
- Assume leadership role in 6S, training, quality, safety, and continuous improvement of throughput throughout plant.
- Attend training seminars or additional schooling to remain current as technology advances.
- Initiate tool damage reports as needed and take actions to reduce costs.
- Must be proficient / willing to learn in Microsoft office including, but not limited to, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook.
- An aptitude & willingness to learn system and generate reports related to the role. Must be able to communicate these points to all associates plus the importance of achieving, maintaining, and improving the quality of all products manufactured, as well as the risks involved for the customers with nonconforming products.
- Must understand and be able to help communicate the Customer Specific Requirements to all associates.
- Must work well with others and exemplify good behavior.
- Must lead employee engagement.
- This is a key position and must be willing to work overtime including weekends as required.
- Other responsibilities as needed.