Technical Accounting Intern- Summer 2024
We are seeking a highly motivated and detail-oriented summer intern to support the Technical Accounting & Controls Department and the External Reporting Department on various projects and daily tasks. As a Technical Accounting Intern, you will have the opportunity to gain hands-on experience in various aspects of technical accounting and external reporting, including researching and interpreting accounting standards, assisting with complex accounting transactions, and supporting internal control and external audit processes. The ideal candidate will have a strong interest in accounting, excellent analytical skills, and a desire to learn and develop in a dynamic environment.
- Research and Interpretation: Assist in researching technical areas of accounting under U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), interpret guidance and help management conclude on a position.
- External Reporting Support: Assist the External Reporting team with ad hoc tasks in connection with required SEC filings.
- Complex Accounting Transactions: Assist in analyzing and recording complex accounting transactions, including documentation of conclusions in technical memos.
- Intercompany Transactions: Analyze intercompany transactions and assist in preparing journal entries and cash flow summaries related to flow of funds between entities.
- Internal Controls Assistance: Participate in internal control matters such as walkthroughs, flowchart management and deficiency assessments.
- Audit Support: Assist with group audit and statutory audit request management, as well as preparation and tie-out of financial statements in accordance with US GAAP and International Standards
- Journal Entry Preparation: Draft journal entries in SAP and BPC with appropriate level of support.
- Month-end and Quarter-end Close: Provide support to Technical Accounting and Global Accounting team members during month-end and quarter-end close process, including journal entry preparation, roll forwards and reconciliations.
- Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG): Research ESG topics including regulations and reporting requirements in various jurisdictions and analyze applicability to the company. Participate in various ESG workstreams related to data tracking, process, controls and reporting.
- Team Collaboration: Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including Global Accounting, Internal Audit, Tax, Treasury and more.
- General Internship Program: Participate in pre-planned intern events such as senior leader meetings, goal setting and performance check-ins, team building, resume workshop, office tour and Action Learning Project participation and presentation.
- Undergraduate major in Accounting (preference: candidate entering final year / has completed at least three years of undergraduate studies)
- Minimum GPA of 3.0
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and other MS Office applications.
- Excellent communication skills required (both verbal and written).
- Basic knowledge of accounting principles and financial reporting, analytical skills, and Excel skills.
- Eagerness to learn and take on new challenges.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team environment.
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
- Occasional lifting up to 25 lbs.
- Sitting, working at desk/personal computer for extended periods of time.
- Primary work environment is professional corporate office.
The salary range for this role is:
$19.00- $29.50 an hour
This is the lowest to highest salary we in good faith believe we would pay for this role at the time of this posting. We may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range, and the range may be modified in the future. An employee’s pay position within the salary range will be based on several factors including, but limited to, the prevailing minimum wage for the location, relevant education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, seniority, geographic location, performance, shift, travel requirements, sales or revenue-based metrics, any collective bargaining agreements, and business or organizational needs. We offer comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off, medical/dental/vision insurance, 401(k), and any other benefits to eligible employees.
Note: No amount of pay is considered to be wages or compensation until such amount is earned, vested, and determinable. The amount and availability of any bonus, commission, or any other form of compensation that are allocable to a particular employee remains in the Company's sole discretion unless and until paid and may be modified at the Company’s sole discretion, consistent with the law.
LocationVictor, New York
Job TypeFull time
Constellation Brands is committed to a continuing program of equal employment opportunity. All persons have equal employment opportunities with Constellation Brands, regardless of their sex, race, color, age, religion, creed, sexual orientation, national origin or citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition (cancer or genetic characteristics), marital status, gender (including gender identity or gender expression), familial status, military or veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions (or any other group or category within the framework of the applicable discrimination laws and regulations).ID:uDnQdo