TECHNICAL OPERATOR - SKIN
We’re Coty, a global leader in beauty. We’re World #1 in Fragrance, World #2 in Professional Hair Care and World #3 in Color Cosmetics. Our iconic portfolio of more than 77 brands are sold in over 150 countries around the world. We believe in beauty with a purpose and brands that inspire, no matter where they are in the world.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Start and operate equipment in a safe and efficient manner
- Applies safety rules and uses appropriate Personal Protective Equipment
- Ensure safety rules and standards are followed consistently.
- Report near misses, accidents, and safety concerns
- Achieves and reports 5S standards for equipment and line area
- Actively participates in BOSS (Behavioural Observation Safety Systems) and necessary audits, incident investigation process
- Facilitates appropriate training for all safety related activities
- Conducts in-process quality check and takes necessary actions for non-compliance
- Collects and reports hourly data for quality and OEE
- Understands quality measures and KPI linkage to site results and vision
- Ensures compliance with necessary CGMP standards
- Reports quality deviations
- Perform all basic operations needed with equipment and manual processes to have line properly running according to standards, in conformance with line routings regarding speed of line and number of team members
- Participates in AM events and completes the CIL reports
- Proposes improvements in the packaging process and participates in improvement events
- Complete RCPS (Root Cause Problem Solving) and action plans as required
- Participates in the execution of the format change according to the standard of the job adherence to times and report deviation; manage tooling; set up setting cards and points
- Lead the changeover of the line, with the ability to perform or oversee change over on each piece of line equipment; participate in ever activity that is related to the follow up of the change-over (ex. Checklist of tooling)
- Performs bulk changeovers and Clean in Place
- Report technical issues in the line and the suspected cause; perform maintenance level 1
- Able to change order
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
We’d love to see candidates who have:
- High School diploma is required, and 3-5 years related experience or training in a manufacturing environment is preferred.
- Basic mathematical skills (multiply, divide, subtract; use of fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions).
- Ability to organize work; adapt to changing priorities and meet deadlines.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as formulas, specifications, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to effectively communicate clearly in English.
Special Skills Required:
- Statistical Process Control – translate product specifications to finished goods
- Interpretation of equipment and product data (i.e., run charts, bar charts, pareto charts, Gantt, fishbone diagrams)
- Solid root cause problems solving capability (identify to root cause)
- Basic equipment/mechanical knowledge for changeovers, minor adjustments, and minor repairs
- Basic Lean principles and tools including 5S, Standard Work and AM Steps 1-3
- Process ownership as defined by department (i.e., Safety, OEE, AM)
- Ability to facilitate training of processes
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Basic Leadership skills (effective communication, coaching/giving feedback, conflict management)
- Work in a team-based environment (shared ownership and responsibility)
- Strong organizational skills (time and physical area)
- Computer literacy (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Internet, Spiral)
- Competent in computer and software systems (SAP, ETQ, etc.)
- Have the ability to understand and follow SOPs, standards, Work Instructions and other documents
- Calculate the result of OEE and technical efficiency
- Take ownership of critical KPIs and develop action plans to improve
- Basic equipment troubleshooting
- Focus on standardization and sustainability – process focused
- Displays initiative without external motivation (drive for results)
- Champion for continuous improvement
- Shares and reapplies improvements or best practices
- Positive and constructive
- Questioning and challenging
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position requiring 8 hours and may be on one of 3 shifts.
This position requires the ability to work mandatory overtime either within the day and/or the weekend.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Medium: Requires exertion of 21 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, or 11 to 25 pounds of force frequently, or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects. Requires about 6 or more hours of intermittent standing or walking in an 8-hour workday. Sitting may be required only intermittently and occasionally. Stooping is usually required frequently.
Duration & Repetitive Standards
Constant activity or condition exists up more than 2/3 of the time equivalent to more than 5.25 hours per work day or more than 40 minutes each hour.
WHAT WE OFFER
This is unique role with a genuine opportunity to make an impact. You’ll get to work in a diverse environment with a team of professionals who are passionate about the work they do and know how to have some fun along the way.
Our people make us who we are. They are the brightest minds bringing the boldest ideas to life every day. If you’re the kind of person who refuses to settle, if you want to think bigger, learn faster and go further than you ever thought possible – we’d love to hear from you.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES
We offer equal employment opportunity to qualified individuals without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Coty complies with federal and state disability laws and makes reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact [email protected]. We strongly believe that cultivating a diverse workplace gives a company strength. The combination of unique skills, abilities, experiences and backgrounds creates an environment that produces extraordinary results. EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled.
English - Please click on this link to review the Notification of Equal Opportunity Rights poster
Español - Por favor, haga un clic en el enlace para revisar el poster de la Ley de los Derechos de Igualdad de Empeo