Technical Project Manager III- New Glenn Sub Assemblies
Blue Origin, LLC
We are a diverse team of collaborators, doers, and problem-solvers who are relentlessly committed to a culture of safety. This position will directly impact the history of space exploration and will require your commitment and detailed attention towards safe and repeatable space flight. Join us in lowering the cost of access to space and enabling Blue Origin’s vision of millions of people living and working in space to benefit Earth.
You will assemble project teams, identify appropriate resources needed, and develop schedules to ensure accurate completion of projects. You will also assess risks, anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, make tradeoffs, and encourage risk taking behavior to improve business benefit. Successful candidates will have a technical background, be detail driven and have excellent problem-solving abilities. You should be passionate about delivering extensible, timely solutions while contributing to the development of high-performance teams through meticulous goal-setting, disciplined attention to value-add performance metrics, continuous process improvement, and mentorship.
We are looking for someone to apply their technical expertise, leadership skills, and commitment to quality to positively impact safe human spaceflight. Passion for our mission and vision is required!
- Establish and own the production challenge resolution process across a manufacturing product team, and drive key business-impacting problems to resolution through earnt authority, influence, tenacity and sheer force of will.
- Collaborate with design, manufacturing, testing, procurement, and operations teams on ensuring cross-functional deliverables are identified, tracked, and completed.
- Drive engineering project execution, develop project plans, make technical trade-offs, manage risks, track, and report on status, and resolve blocking issues
- Work closely with partner organizations to manage work packages and ensure that all teams have what they need to be successful
- Establish goals and metrics to identify opportunities to deliver customer solutions to cost, performance, and schedule requirements.
- Presenting analysis and driving consensus on path forward to a diverse team of experts.
- BA/BS in a relevant field of study
- CAPM eligible, PMP prepping
- Established professional expertise in Project Management.
- Understands theory and practical application of project management discipline.
- Works to improve project management processes and business systems that support project decision-makers.
- Track record of successful enterprise-wide project management, ideally able to both start from scratch and build on others’ work to improve existing frameworks and tools.
- Experienced at collecting and synthesizing quantitative and qualitative information from multiple stakeholders and translating data into project requirements, scoping and planning documents, and ultimately build ready-for-use and fit-for-purpose tools and processes.
- Can translate observations and colloquial explanations of work into descriptions of project components
- Ability to earn trust, maintain positive and professional relationships, and contribute to a culture of inclusion
- Must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
- Masters degree in business administration with demonstrated experience executing in a hardware production environment.
- Masters degree in engineering (Mechanical, Aerospace, Electrical, or Systems)
- Experience with new product introduction (NPI) and/or aerospace manufacturing
- Experience with Continuous improvement and lean manufacturing principles
- Ability to balance contending priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Experience working with precision hardware, tooling, and fixed requirements
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that some people are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single desired qualification. At Blue Origin, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Compensation range for on site WA applicants is $117,000-$171,600
Compensation range for on site CA applicants is $117,000-$171,600
Other site ranges may differ
Export Control Regulations
Applicants for employment at Blue Origin must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (i.e. current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Blue Origin is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and is committed to attracting, retaining, and developing a highly qualified, diverse, and dedicated work force. Blue Origin hires and promotes people on the basis of their qualifications, performance, and abilities. We support the establishment and maintenance of a workplace that fosters trust, equality, and teamwork, in which all employees recognize and appreciate the diversity of individual team members. We provide all qualified applicants for employment and employees with equal opportunities for hire, promotion, and other terms and conditions of employment, regardless of their race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin/ethnicity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, and/or local law. Blue Origin will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws. For more information on “EEO Is the Law,” please see here and here.
Blue Origin will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Washington Fair Chance Act, Los Angeles Fair Chance in Hiring Ordinance, and other applicable laws.
Affirmative Action and Disability Accommodation
Applicants wishing to receive information on Blue Origin’s Affirmative Action Plans, or applicants requiring a reasonable accommodation in order to participate in the application and/or interview process, please contact us at EEOCompliance@blueorigin.com.
Employee Benefits include: Medical, dental, vision, basic and supplemental life insurance, short and long-term disability and 401(k) with up to 5% company match.
Paid Time Off: Provides up to 4 weeks per year, in addition to 14 holidays
Discretionary bonus programs