Technical Sales Engineer, Channel
The Technical Sales Engineer provides technical pre-sales support to targeted partners & national resellers for products including UPS (uninterruptable power supplies), server racks, power distribution products, network monitoring systems, and more. This position provides configuration assistance (or actual product configuration development) and interacts with technical teams from national resellers on their customer application requirements, bid spec reviews and compliance documentation, and competitive cross-reference inputs. In addition, this role provides technical guidance/clarification to national reseller sales teams on how to best position information for effective selling. This position will primarily interface with the national reseller technical teams, national reseller sales teams, and the Vertiv Sales teams.
- Collaborate and communicate closely with Vertiv field sales teams to provide technical pre-sales support to targeted resellers to enhance sales opportunities.
- Review or generate the optimized Vertiv solution configuration to fulfill national reseller application requirements.
- Assist in technical sales positioning on proposals considering specifications, competition, and winning criteria (e.g. price or performance or efficiency or footprint).
- Provide technical sales support to targeted national resellers via training and presentations.
- Serve as escalation point for national resellers on basic technical pre-sales questions.
- Provide pre-sale applications engineering support via phone, e-mail, and web to national resellers.
- Assist in defining technical pre-sales elements supporting marketing collateral to national resellers.
- Provide competitive evaluations to national resellers when appropriate.
Minimum Job Qualifications:
- Strong technical aptitude demonstrated through coursework, internships, or other related work experience.
- Working knowledge of one or more of the following: electronic circuits, electrical systems, networking, or IT infrastructure.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Strong computer skills, including working knowledge of MS Office Suite.
- Highly detail-oriented with a critical degree of accuracy regarding problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skill. Strong presentation skills.
- Capability of effectively interacting with global personnel.
- Professional attitude towards customer relations.
- 1-3 years industry experience
- Familiarity with UPS, server racks, and power distribution products
- Familiarity with HVAC operation / principles
- Familiarity with IT networking and communication systems
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATIONS
Bachelor’s degree in a technical field required (or equivalent combination of education and experience).
Occasional travel (<5%) or after-hours support may be required.
Reports full-time in office.
The successful candidate will embrace Vertiv’s Core Principals & Behaviors to help execute our Strategic Priorities.
OUR CORE PRINCIPALS: Safety. Integrity. Respect. Teamwork. Diversity & Inclusion.
OUR STRATEGIC PRIORITIES
- Customer Focus
- Operational Excellence
- High-Performance Culture
- Financial Strength
- Own It
- Act With Urgency
- Foster a Customer-First Mindset
- Think Big and Execute
- Lead by Example
- Drive Continuous Improvement
- Learn and Seek Out Development
Vertiv is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We promote equal opportunities for all with respect to hiring, terms of employment, mobility, training, compensation, and occupational health, without discrimination as to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy status (including childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity / expression (including transgender status or sexual stereotypes), genetic information, citizenship status, national origin, protected veteran status, political affiliation, or disability. If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by sending an email to [email protected]
No calls or agencies please. Vertiv will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, O, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.