Technical Sales Representative II
Tremco Construction Products Group brings together Tremco CPG Inc.’s Commercial Sealants & Waterproofing and Roofing & Building Maintenance divisions; Tremco Barrier Solutions Inc.; Dryvit, Nudura and Willseal brands; Prebuck LLC; Weatherproofing Technologies, Inc.; Weatherproofing Technologies Canada and PureAir Control Services, Inc. Altogether, Tremco CPG companies operate 21 manufacturing facilities, 6 distribution sites, and 3 R&D/technology sites, and employ more than 2,700 people across North America
GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
Ensures that the assigned revenue, margin and product mix objectives, within the corporate business framework, are met or exceeded. This is to be accomplished by securing, developing, and managing key architects, designers, general contractors, distributors, subcontractors, and end-user accounts. This position will also own and manage all related performance and service metrics for the assigned accounts.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Achieves or exceeds assigned sales goals and expectations.
- Works primarily with existing accounts, while seeking and developing new account opportunities to influence and increase the use of Tremco CPG products in assigned territory.
- Manages assigned accounts to establish business development opportunities through account penetration, analysis, partnership with key decision makers, and strategic initiatives.
- Drives product specifications and project opportunities throughout assigned territory.
- Leverages industry knowledge, marketplace dynamics, and key relationships both internally and externally to develop trusted partnerships and advisory relationships with customers with a focus on problem identification, exploration, and resolution.
- Annually prepares and delivers strategic business/territory plans for each customer with monthly forecasts.
- Consistently and efficiently follows the standard sales process to identify prospects and decision makers, gain customer commitment, predict sales probability, and effectively close deals.
- Manages day-to-day contact, exchanges information succinctly, truthfully, and ethically while addressing issues directly and tactfully in pursuit of mutual interest and benefit.
- Develops and delivers technical, high quality and directed digital collateral, product prospectus, presentations, and business correspondence in support of the overall sales process.
- Independently coordinates and executes product knowledge training sessions with internal and external customers, as appropriate, utilizing supplier representatives.
- Leverages all available technology on a daily basis for productivity and effective lead generation, account maintenance, sales and expense tracking, forecasting, account reviews, customer contact, presentations, etc.
- Works collaboratively with internal support resources to develop teamwork through cooperation, trust, and mutual respect.
- Attends and presents business unit products and services at industry conventions and trade shows.
- Maintains extensive product knowledge in all product lines and service offerings.
- Adheres to and enforces all company policies, pricing, and operational procedures with special attention to the professional image of the company.
- Performs other related duties as required, requested, or assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Sales, or Construction Management and 2-3 years of construction or industry experience OR
- Minimum High School Diploma or GED with 5 years of construction or industry experience.
- Two to four years of related experience and/or training.
- Construction knowledge (i.e., waterproofing, air barriers, framing, modular, etc.).
- Assembly line-related product segments.
- Basic knowledge of product chemistries.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to travel extensively within assigned territory.
- Must be well organized and self-motivated, with outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Salesforce.com or other CRM software experience preferred.
- Possess a professional curiosity to figure out how things work or are put together.
- Ability to retain knowledge and training.
- Proven ability to understand, use, and manage your own emotions in positive ways to relieve stress, communicate effectively, empathize with others, overcome challenges, and diffuse conflict.
- Demonstrates self-awareness and emotional self-control through adaptability, achievement orientation, and a positive outlook.
- Accepts and utilizes feedback effectively.
- Reads an audience and adjusts style and approach accordingly.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Ability to build relationships and deliver exceptional customer service.
- Incumbent must be able to stand, walk, sit, use hands, reach, kneel, talk, hear, and lift up to 25 lbs.
BENEFITS AND COMPENSATION:
- The salary range for applicants in this position generally starts at $85K and goes up based on experience. This range is an estimate, based on potential employee qualifications, operations, needs, and other considerations permitted by law.
- Tremco offers a variety of benefits to its employees, including but not limited to health insurance, paid holidays, paid time off, 401(k) with company match, Company Pension Plan, Performance Based Bonus/Commission, and continuing education.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran statusID:uDnQdo