Technical Sales Specialist – Aftermarket
Cleaver-Brooks Sales & Service
Any salary estimation specified in this job board may or may not be aligned with our organization's pay philosophy. Apply to connect with a Talent Acquisition Partner who can provide you more details!
Location: This position can be remotely based near a major US airport or physically based at any of our Cleaver-Brooks locations
The Technical Sales Specialist assists the Cleaver-Brooks representatives with retrofit opportunities in the field, job site visits, analyzes and interprets engineering specifications, project management on complex conversions requests, or upgrade requests covering a wide variety of the existing product base and to provide an accurate and timely quote to the Cleaver-Brooks representatives for a given project. The ideal candidate will have experience with total boiler room operations and functionality, technical experience and understanding of electrical circuitry, mechanically inclined, communication skills and problem solving.
- Assist the Cleaver-Brooks representative in the field for conversion opportunities, site visits, job walk throughs, contractor and engineering meetings, lunch and learns, etc.
- Edit, analyze, interpret, and process incoming boiler requests to provide solutions, technical assistance and direction as needed to insure accurate and timely processing of quotes for a given Conversion or retrofit project.
- Possess thorough and relevant knowledge including component functionality and application within a given boiler and feedwater system product base.
- Must have the technical ability to handle minor and complex conversion requests related to steam and hot water boiler systems, and related peripheral equipment. To include but not limited to:
- Control Conversions
- Fuel Conversions
- Low Nox Emission Conversions
- Pressure Vessel Conversions
- Boiler feedwater system Conversions
- Data Communications
- Assist the Cleaver-Brooks reps with review and interpretation of project specific job specifications and provide a solution or exceptions to deliver an accurate quote.
- Project management for complex and Cleaver-Brooks strategic account conversions requests.
- Requires regular exercise of problem-solving adhering to policy or procedure interpretation skills.
- Must have technical and social abilities to take on the responsibility to interface with various internal Cleaver-Brooks departments and outside vendor/suppliers in order to provide a solution or quote, or to assist in resolving an issue with a given project.
- Ability to communicate effectively with the Cleaver-Brooks rep organization sales and technical teams.
- Ability to communicate effectively with outside engineers and contractors, for a specific conversions project, to include but not limited to specification reviews, specification guidance, lunch and learns, etc.
- Possess basic electrical knowledge and the capability to read and interpret electrical circuitry and wiring diagrams.
- Basic understanding of mechanical equipment and drawings
- Ability to work effectively in a matrix environment, demonstrated experience working with teams.
- Initiative to learn additional products and how they can be applied to existing equipment in the boiler room.
- Computer operational skills required.
- A working knowledge of basic Microsoft programs, including the Office Suite.
- The ability to read and understand charts and graphs is a must
- Basic mathematical skills are also required.
Travel Requirements: Must have the ability to travel 60-80%; visiting customers, CB representatives, tradeshows, other CB locations
Experience and Requirements:
- 6+ years of experience working in the technical field or equivalent boiler systems field experience
- Degree in engineering or technical degree preferable, or equivalent experience
- Experience in PLC and other electrical control concepts a plus
- Experience with sales configuration programming or logic a plus
Physical Skill and Effort:
- Limited manual dexterity required. Work requires infrequent physical effort.
- Work requires regular speed and accuracy operating office equipment.
Working Conditions and Hazards: Normal plant or boiler plant, shop, field, or office conditions. From time to time, slightly disagreeable features. Negligible/little or no exposure.
Benefits of Being a Cleaver-Brooks Employee:
We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, maternity support program, discounted virtual physician visits, voluntary medical benefits (Critical Illness, Hospital Care, and Accidental Injury), FSA, HSA, life insurance, short term and long term disability, cash matching 401(k) plan, employee assistance program (EAP), pet insurance, employee discount program, generous vacation and 11 paid holidays.
Who is Cleaver-Brooks
Cleaver-Brooks is the market leader in providing fully integrated boiler and burner systems. We lead the boiler/burner industry due to our unmatched distribution network’s ability to deliver the knowledge, service, training and support that are essential to long-term performance. Our customers will tell you that we’re the only equipment provider that manufactures boilers, burners, controls, and a full array of ancillary and aftermarket products. They’ll also mention that our unique single-source capability means that we can deliver fully integrated boiler room solutions that reduce overall costs and optimize space. It is our focus on products that deliver the most efficient, reliable, safe and environmentally sustainable solutions that differentiate us in the marketplace. Cleaver-Brooks continues an 90+ year legacy of providing the customers we serve with extraordinary products designed to deliver unsurpassed performance through the power of commitment.
This description indicates the general nature of the tasks and responsibilities required of position given this classification. It is not intended as a complete list of specific duties and responsibilities. Nor is it intended to limit or modify the right of management to assign, direct, and control the specific duties of individuals performing this function. The Company reserves the right to change, modify, amend, add to or delete from any section of this document as it deems, in its judgment, to be proper. This description supersedes any previous descriptions for this positionID:uDnQdo