Technical Support Rep I – Flooring Installation
Job TitleTechnical Support Rep I - Flooring Installation
Shaw Industries is looking for a Technical Support Rep for both of our commercial and residential businesses. Position will require a combination of skills including hands-on floor installation experience and strong communication / interpersonal skills. This is a remote opportunity requiring on average 60-80% travel to job sites during the week. Must have a strong desire and abilities for solving problems, installing flooring, floor prep requirements, and business travel.
Shaw Industries Group, Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, and is a global leader in delivering carpet, hardwood, tile & stone, laminate, synthetic turf, and other specialty products to residential and commercial markets worldwide. We are committed to creating a better future for our customers, our people, our company, and our communities.
- Expertise in the installation of commercial and residential flooring products in a highly professional manner, and able to engage customers in all applicable end use environments. Knowledgeable in commercial or residential flooring products from both the product characteristics and installation requirements.
- Ability to support sales reps with projects providing technical support on product, installation, and performance.
- Support business with support on job starts
- Serve as an inspector for field project situations, ability to analyze and offer solutions to problems; make recommendations for corrective action; and when required, demonstrate the solutions in front of the customer. Preparation of inspection reports, product reviews, and other related documents; must be submitted/filed in a timely manner.
- Where possible, approach all field situations as training opportunities to not only resolve the situation at hand but to leave behind knowledgeable resources capable of resolving future issues.
- Familiarity with and able to discuss the most advanced installation techniques in detail and defend those opinions both verbally and in writing in potentially difficult situations.
- Willingness to cross train to obtain product and installation knowledge of all flooring products in support of the total field services effort of Shaw Industries.
- Planning and supervising test installations; assist R & D and corporate quality in development of new products.
- Where possible identify and recommend local resources capable of assisting the field service effort.
- Support training efforts, and sales events with customers and sales associates on product and installation methods.
- Must be able to schedule travel and coordinate appointments with customers, etc.
- Follow Shaw Travel and Departmental procedures and be a good steward of resources
- High School diploma or GED
- Must have a minimum of 5 years Commercial Flooring installation experience
- Extensive understanding of commercial and residential resilient installation processes, methods, tools, and techniques.
- Sheet goods, heat welding, and flash coving experience are a plus.*
- Carpet installation experience and/or professional certifications are a plus.*
- Must have adequate public speaking, teaching, and training skills. Have the ability to interact with a broad range of audiences, both verbally and written, to include customers, installers, sales personnel, general contractors, etc.
- Must possess leadership abilities, exemplify professionalism, and maintain confidentiality of sensitive issues between departments and information considered proprietary.
- Must be self-motivated, have good organizational, and time management skills.
- Must be adaptable and willing to accommodate sudden changes in schedule.
- Must be able to travel by car and air unassisted.
- Must be able to work in a plant environment near automated equipment that includes standing, stooping and/or sitting for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 100 pounds.
- Must be able to determine pattern repeats, color variations, and shade variations.
- Build Trusting Relationships
- Coach and Develop Others
- Demonstrate Strategic Influence
- Deliver Compelling Communication
- Make Effective Decisions
Shaw benefits include:
- Medical, dental, vision insurance and Pet insurance
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Health savings account
- Paid Time Off
- Parental Leave
- 401K and Retirement Plans
- Product discounts for employees
- Gym membership discounts
- Adoption assistance
- Shaw Family Health Center (Dalton, GA, and Cartersville, GA, locations)
- And much more.
Work Shift8 Hr non-rotating shift, Hrs fall to in punch day, Observed Calendar, shift starts AM
Shaw Industries is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, gender identity, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, protected veteran status, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.ID:uDnQdo