Technical Training Instructor
Warren CAT Power Systems
Oklahoma City, OK
TEAM UP WITH US!
The Training Specialist is responsible for developing and presenting training curriculum for Warren CAT in our service area.
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES?
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Develop the course material and schedule to give all students a broad and in-depth knowledge of engines, heavy equipment or soft skill training.
- Keep the classroom and training equipment in good shape to facilitate learning.
- Teach the values of the company in each student, including safety, ethics, and customer service.
- Be a shining example of CAT values and work ethic to all students throughout their education.
- Demonstrates critical thinking in their ability to define complex problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Spend a large portion of the day communicating orally in person and by phone.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- Previous experience and/or college education in training or adult education.
- Significant background working with engines or heavy equipment generally a minimum of 1-3 years’ experience or soft skills.
- Passion to educate and be dedicated to the personal improvement of mechanical students and find value and satisfaction in developing their skills and knowledge.
- Ability to present educational information in a way that brings interest and enthusiasm to the classroom. Leads classroom activities with a variety of hands-on and “book” learning in a way that keeps students motivated.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to process paperwork and utilize office equipment (including personal computer, phone, typewriter, copiers, etc.).
- Ability to develop routine protocols as well as identify when the routines do not apply in a specific situation and handle exceptions as needed. The position requires the ability to develop priorities and adjust work plans to meet deadlines not only for the employee, but also for their team and classroom members.
- Moderate computer skills.
- Ability to move around continuously throughout shop and classroom.
WHY WORK WITH US?
- We like to take care of business and have fun doing it!
- We offer health, dental, vision, life, and more as a comprehensive benefits package.
- Don’t you want to work with awesome people?
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be required to stand, walk and meet activities are required frequently throughout the workday. Normal sight or corrected vision is required to read documents and use standard computer terminals. Work may involve moving or lifting of light to moderately heavy materials or equipment requiring physical strength and agility to withstand the strain of manual work.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Required travel up to 50%.
This position is considered a safety sensitive position.
The Job description is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.