ArCom Systems, Inc.
Grand Prairie, TX
The Technician is responsible for the installation and some diagnostics programming of all systems on any assigned project, including wiring, device and headend installation, testing, labeling, and correction of deficiencies. The Technician, together with all other employees, has the responsibility to ensure completion of all projects. In the absence of the Lead Technician on a project, the Technician will lead weekly “toolbox” safety meetings, assign Installers, and always keep all assigned personnel properly utilized. All duties of Installer are additional duties of the Technician, and other duties will be as assigned.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Install wire, devices, head ends, etc. as required by project.
- Test and label all wire and devices installed on all projects assigned.
- Correct deficiencies in all systems during installation.
- Maintain as-built drawings on Bluebeam and record updates daily to keep information current.
- Lead weekly “toolbox” safety meetings and record meeting reports in the project events tab within Q360.
- Assign installers and actively keep assigned personnel on task throughout the project.
- Utilize Q360 “events tab” to send in daily updates and track progress and delays on the project.
- Report worked hours daily, in the Q360 app as required by current company policy.
- Approve worked hours for all assigned contract workers daily.
- Must have a working knowledge in at least one or more of the following:
- Communications Systems (PA/Intercom, local sound)
- Fire Alarm
- Door Access
- Nurse Call
- Sprinkler pipe systems
- Minimum of 3 years electronics or industry related experience
- High School Diploma or GED, or on the job training may substitute as equivalent
- Ability to read, write, and understand the English language.
- Ability to comprehend and learn instruction manuals and submittals.
- Understanding of electronics theory, by training certificate or on the job experience.
- Ability to read and understand schematics and blueprints as required.
- Have intermediate computer skills including the ability to use email and spreadsheet applications (Excel, word, PDF editor, Q360)
- Ability to understand and adhere to company policies and processes.
- Willingness to learn by taking classes outside of company time to increase knowledge to advance your career in areas such as computers, electronics or sprinklers.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk, stand, talk and hear; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit and make use of the computer. The employee may be required to lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
- Hours: 7:00 AM to 3:30 PM, Monday through Friday with a 30-minute lunch. Weekends and extended hours may be required during peak months. Some projects will require work hours of 3:00PM to 11:00PM facilities that operate during the day. Hours and days to be assigned based on jobsite. Hours worked in excess of 40 hours during a week pay period will be paid time and a half.
- Employee provides own transportation to and from assigned job site.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to moderately high.
- Lone Star Communications, Inc. reserves the right to change any or all of this statement as required allowing the company to respond to market changes or changes in operational workflow. Also, this statement will be changed as required by State or Federal law
- Lone Star Communications, Inc. is an at-will employer. A 90-day probationary period begins the first day of employment; however, this period can be shortened at the employer’s discretion