Technician II Packaging
Alcon Vision, LLC
Fort Worth, TX
At Alcon, we are driven by the meaningful work we do to help people see brilliantly. We innovate boldly, champion progress, and act with speed as the global leader in eye care. Here, you’ll be recognized for your commitment and contributions and see your career like never before. Together, we go above and beyond to make an impact in the lives of our patients and customers.
We foster an inclusive culture and are looking for diverse, talented people to join Alcon. As a Technician II Packaging you will be accountable for setting up, operating, maintaining, and troubleshooting manufacturing packaging machinery/equipment at our Fort Worth North Manufacturing Team in Fort Worth, TX.
In this role, a typical day will include:
- Operates manufacturing packaging equipment that packages materials or products by inserting them into cartons and shippers.
- Monitors, evaluates, and adjusts manufacturing packaging equipment to maximize quality and efficiency.
- Works in an integrated computerized manufacturing environment.
- Completes required documentation (Master Batch Record (MBR), SOP, logbooks, etc.) in accordance with cGMP and cGDP.
- Ensures contemporaneous documentation and real time MBR review (CLC).
- Ensures that materials needed for production runs are available.
- Raises any issues to Group Leads and Supervisors.
- Prepares line/equipment for daily operation according to SOPs for assigned work area, including sanitization of contact surfaces.
- Performs duties in accordance with Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) and company standards/guidelines.
- Collaborates with coworkers to meet business objectives and improve team capability.
- Keeps work areas clean and free of hazards or dangerous conditions; Identifies and reports safety hazards or unsafe behavior.
- Plans work activities in accordance with production schedule and shifting priorities.
- Coordinates with other shifts and departments to ensure smooth execution of work.
- Communicates and works with Quality Assurance (QA) on product quality issues and compliance activities.
- Communicates and works with Maintenance to resolve problems with equipment.
- Communicates and works with Materials Control to ensure efficient flow of materials and products to/from warehouse.
- May participate in program or functional team projects developing process improvement methods, solutions, and procedures to enhance program quality, cost, and scheduling.
WHAT YOU'LL BRING TO ALCON:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- The ability to fluently read, write, understand, and communicate in English
- Work hours: 3rd shift; Sunday: 10:30pm-8:00am; Monday–Thursday: 11:30pm-8:00am
- Travel Requirements: None
- Relocation assistance: No
- Sponsorship available: No
- Prior manufacturing experience
- Prior mechanical troubleshooting experience
- Knowledge of cGMP, GDP, and SOPs
HOW YOU CAN THRIVE AT ALCON:
- Join Alcon’s mission to provide outstanding, innovative products and solutions to improve sight, improve lives, and grow your career!
- Alcon provides robust benefits package including health, life, retirement, flexible time off, and much more!
Alcon is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. Alcon takes pride in maintaining a diverse environment and our policies are not to discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Alcon is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please send an email to email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.