Vernon Hills, IL
Job Title: Technician, Metrology
Reports To: Supervisor, Metrology
Position Location: Vernon Hills, IL
FLSA Status Non-Exempt
Performs calibrations of instruments that measure the characteristics of objects, substances, or phenomena, such as pressure, temperature, time, force, torque, speed, flow, electric current, voltage, resistance, and derived units of physical, mechanical, or chemical measures. Identify and utilize appropriate measurement procedures. Detects magnitude of error sources contributing to uncertainty of results to determine reliability of measurement process in quantitative terms.
- Perform calibrations, inspections and measurements on test equipment (IM&TE) to ensure measurement accuracy
- Uses assigned calibration standards and procedures
- Documents all aspects of calibration events in Mudcats database
- Evaluates the contract and workorder to ensure all work can be properly completed
- Assists customers in traceability or procedural questions in calibrations; resolves technical contract issues
- Develops and maintains preventative maintenance and laboratory safety/housekeeping programs and works with team to ensure compliance.
- Quantifies sources of measurement error and determines measurement uncertainty.
- Aids in setup of processes and paperwork related to calibration.
- Completes administrative tasks related to incoming calibrations as necessary.
- Performs minor repairs as necessary.
- Prepares certificates and IM&TE for packaging.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or GED from an accredited higher learning institution required. PMEL or other military/technical education preferred.
- 2+ years of Metrology/calibration experience in a regulated/quality-controlled environment (ISO9001, ISO17025, ISO 13485, FDA).
- Must have strong desire to service customers fully with unwavering commitment to high quality to meet requirements of ISO 17025, ANSI/Z540-1.
- Experience in maintaining and following ISO17025 and ANSI Z540 related procedures.
- Common knowledge and adeptness with non-routine calibration techniques.
- Attention to detail balanced with personal efficiency.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Able to perform internal procedures with industry standards, manufacturer procedures, etc. for the proper calibration and troubleshooting of instruments.
- Must have analytical skills to identify sources of measurement error and to read and interpret technical schematics, specifications and calibration procedures.
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Thrives in a fast-paced, collaborative environment, efficiently works under pressure, within deadlines or other time essential constraints
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, to clearly and concisely communicate to all levels of the organization
- Strong work ethic and an ability to excel within a rapidly changing and growing organization
This position has not been approved for Relocation Assistance.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not an exhaustive list of all of the duties and responsibilities associated with it.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.