TECHNICIAN – VALVE
Plant-N-Power Services, LLP
The Valve Technician will perform hands on maintenance, troubleshooting, assessment, and repair work on valves (Block Valves, PSV / SRV, and / or pneumatic and electric actuators) based on the associated skill level traveling to/from customer sites and/or a Bay Valve Service center.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Interface with customer plant personnel and Bay Valve Service personnel to perform hands-on workshop and / or on-site valve troubleshooting / assessment, maintenance, testing (pre / post), and / or repair of valves and actuators.
- Perform PSV testing utilizing certified test equipment and complete all QA / QC documentation as required by the VR program (if skilled).
- Perform hands-on workshop and / or on-site disassembly, inspection, reporting, cleaning, and reassembly of valves and actuators. Machine material and / or parts with various machining equipment.
- Ensure work and used materials follow manufacturer specifications.
- Read and interpret schematics for assembly, repair, and reassembly as required including completion of applicable quality documentation in either paper or electronic form.
- Perform failure assessments and make recommendations to the on-site Bay Valve Service supervisor as required.
- Perform day to day and routine safety observations and inspections.
- 0 - 3 years of related experience.
- Must be mechanically inclined.
- Good interpersonal skills for daily interaction with customers and fellow employees.
- Understanding of pressure and ability to service valves in a production environment.
- Operational experience in the oil and gas industry with respect to system operations, prime movers, and associated valves.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to troubleshoot and diagnose systemic problems.
- Willing to be trained in skills other than the primary skill.
- Certificate holder for safe operation of Propane powered 5000 lb. capacity forklift.
- Ability to use Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook to generate service reports and communicate within the company including skills to navigate web-based service literature and programs.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.