Telecommunications Instructor/Network Field Technician -Long Beach/Huntington Beach California
Long Beach, CA
Working across the globe, V2X builds smart solutions designed to integrate physical and digital infrastructure from base to battlefield. We bring 120 years of successful mission support to improve security, streamline logistics, and enhance readiness. Aligned around a shared purpose, our $3.9B company and 16,000 people work alongside our clients, here and abroad, to tackle their most complex challenges with integrity, respect, responsibility, and professionalism.
V2X Professional Services has a great opportunity for experienced telecom technicians, Fiber Network Field Techs or Premise Technicians to move from the field and share your knowledge with the next generation in the classroom environment.
- Plan, prepare and deliver instruction of assigned courses using a variety of teaching methods
- Establish and maintain positive, professional, and collaborative relationships with internal and external partners including co-workers, employers, and professional organizations
- Accurately record and report participant learning and assessment results so that participant records are consistently up to date and recorded in the company learning management system
- Must know, or when necessary, acquaint themselves with the rules, regulations, and standards for the safe operation of specific training topic being delivered
- Maintain classroom facilities, equipment and learning materials
- Supports course development by providing subject matter expertise for assigned product
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee is frequently required to sit, stand, bend, kneel, stoop, communicate, reach, and manipulate objects
- Ability to lift up to 35 pounds, handle and climb ladders and poles, using a variety of hand/motorized tools
- Manual dexterity and coordination are required while working in the shop/lab areas as well as operating equipment such as computer keyboard, monitor, projector, calculator, printer and standard office equipment
- Two years practicable experience servicing customer orders in the telecom industry such as:
- Installation, change, repair and removal of drops, cables, and associated wiring
- Installation and maintenance of fiber-optic cable to curb terminal
- Installation of private lines and circuits
- Use of appropriate tools, equipment, and supplies
- Experience using diagnostic tools and equipment
- Maintenance of all analog/digital carrier systems for subscriber
- Maintenance splicing on copper and/or fiber-optic cable
- Good safety record based on consistent implementation of safety standards
- Familiar with common safety and compliance training courses such as personal fall protection, confined spaces, use of sharp tools, hand, and eye safety, etc.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to include strong public speaking skills
- Intermediate computer skills, including the use of the internet, Microsoft Office products and email
- Proven ability to learn quickly and work independently
- Must be available to work extra hours as needed
- Must be able to travel and deliver training at satellite locations as needed – Approximately 30-40%
- 2-3 years teaching adult learners technical topics
- Experience in pole-climbing and ladder safety
- Experience working within a team environment on multiple projects
- Ability to visualize and verbalize technical concepts in understandable terms and be instructionally savvy to deliver clear and effective instructional content
- Associates degree in a technical field or related degree or two-year technical educational certification
- Four years of relevant technical field experience may be considered in lieu of degree
This position requires a U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
V2X is committed to building a diverse and inclusive environment in which we recognize and value each other’s differences as well as fostering a culture that promotes its core values: Professionalism, Integrity, and Respect. As an equal opportunity employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, or status as a protected veteran.