Temporary CNC Lathe Machinist
Kenneth Crosby, a DXP Company
Do you want to grow with us? At DXP we are passionate about what we do and driven to be the best solution for our industrial customers. Since 1908 DXP has been dedicated to the highest quality of customer service through our expertise of the products we distribute and the technical services we perform with a sense of individual pride and company spirit. Throughout your career with DXP, we will encourage and empower you to take an active role in identifying and driving your development, so you feel total confidence in your ability to achieve ongoing success. We aspire to be the best solution for the Industrial customers' needs for MROP products and services through our Innovative Pumping Solutions, Metal Working, Supply Chain Services and Service Centers.
Check out our many videos to learn more! http://www.dxpe.com/about-us/careers/
This position will be a Temp to Hire located in our Shreveport, LA location.
Responsibilities of the Temporary CNC Lathe Machinist include, but are not limited to:
- Certificate in some form of machine shop technology or 2 years machinist apprenticeship.
- 1 year experience operating CNC Lathes and Mills.
- Able to read and interpret mechanical drawings with understanding of Geometrical Tolerancing.
- Able to read and use measuring tools such as micrometers, calipers, scales, and indicators.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Strong math and computer skills.
- Able to read G and M codes.
- Able to make tool offsets.
- Able to set-up heavy parts using fixtures and jigs.
- Able to safely operate overhead cranes and jib cranes.
Qualifications of the Temporary CNC Lathe Machinist include, but are not limited to:
- Follow safety requirements.
- Follow job routers and work requirements.
- Perform Machine set-ups and operation.
- Produce quality parts that meet drawing requirements within time allocated.
- Perform inspections of equipment and tooling.
- Proper assembly of tooling, changing of inserts and use of pre-setter.
- Maintain cleanliness of machine and work area.
- Perform daily maintenance on machine.
Physical Demand: Must be able to lift up to 50lbs unassisted.
Working Conditions: Shop/Warehouse Environment
Shift Time/Overtime: Night Shift 6:00pm – 4:30am, Must be able to work OT as necessary
Education: HS Diploma or GED
DXP is always looking for individuals who want to join a team of employees who have the desire to achieve remarkable accomplishments together. The culture of the organization is supportive and goal oriented with high expectations, yet it is an environment where the team spirit inspires everyone to do their best. All DXP employees play a vital part in the organization and are treated with respect. By applying to DXP, you will have the opportunity to speak with some of the most respected professionals in the industry.
DXP offers a comprehensive benefits package including: Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending, 401(k), paid holidays, Life and Disability Insurance, and additional supplemental products. EOE/M/F/D/VID:uDnQdo