Territory Manager – Garden Retail
D & D Commodities Ltd.
Our Garden Group, providing sales support and logistics for both proprietary brands and other consumer recognized brands, is searching for a Territory Manager to call on home improvement retailers Lowe’s, Home Depot and Walmart in Austin, TX. A Territory Manager on the Retail Sales & Service Team is responsible for in-store service execution in a designated number of Lowe’s, Home Depot and Walmart accounts in a defined geographic area; implementing service fundamentals and “best practices” for hourly retail Merchandisers and providing management/oversight of direct reports within their assigned and scheduled stores. This position is focused on developing strategies to increase point of sale (POS) for Central Garden products in the designated assigned accounts.
MEASURES OF SUCCESS
- Train, motivate and provide leadership to an assigned group of merchandisers
- Managing up to 4-5 full or part time merchandisers and their work schedules
- Conduct store audits to ensure that the fundamentals of merchandising and “best practices” are being implemented
- Developing and maintaining strong business relationships with all levels of account management (Home Depot, Lowe’s, Walmart)
- Negotiating additional display space in the stores
- Must be able to manage critical timelines such as Resets, Seed Re-labeling and special projects
- Down stocking and maintaining set integrity for Central Garden grass seed, chemicals, pottery and fertilizers within assigned stores in territory
IDEAL CANDIDATE ATTRIBUTES
- 1-2 years of Retail Merchandising experience preferred
- Retail Merchandising experience in a seasonal category is a plus
- BA/BS degree or an extensive amount of retail merchandising
- Strong communication skills required to interact with store management and direct reports
- Prior experience with maintaining customer relationships is preferred
- Ability to work independently, manage time effectively, multi-task and problem solve
- Strong reading skills required to understand packaging labels and re-tagging projects
- Must be able to bend, pull and lift 50 lbs consistently throughout the course of a work day
- Must be able to climb ladders, use a pallet jack and powered hand tools
- Must have a valid driver’s license in the state in which you reside, a good driving record, reliable transportation and proof of current personal car insurance with you listed as an insured driver
- Ability to work in a constant state of alertness and safe manner
- Retail store environment – both in store and garden center
- Work week is Monday - Friday and some weekends during Peak Season (March - June)
- Ability to travel daily and overnight between stores (personal car)
BENEFITS PACKAGE & EMPLOYEE PROGRAMS
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Free Life and Disability Insurance
- Health and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- 401k with 3% company match and annual profit-sharing bonus!
- Paid vacation, holidays and sick time
- Employee Assistance Program
- Discounts on cell phones, movie tickets, gym memberships, and more!
- Education Assistance (both college degrees and professional)
- Referral Program with cash bonus
At Central Garden & Pet (NASDAQ: CENT and CENTA), we believe home is at the center of our lives, and our employees are driven by our purpose to nurture happy and healthy homes. Our company is made up of thousands of people across North America, with an emerging footprint across the U.K., Mexico, China and Canada - all dedicated to helping gardens bloom bigger, pets live healthier and communities grow stronger. We are united by our mission to lead the future of the garden and pet industries…one blade of grass and one wagging tail at a time. Visit our website at www.central.com to learn more.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.