Territory Manager – Reading
ZOLL Medical Corp.
At ZOLL, we're passionate about improving patient outcomes and helping save lives.
We provide innovative technologies that make a meaningful difference in people's lives. Our medical devices, software and related services are used worldwide to diagnose and treat patients suffering from serious cardiopulmonary and respiratory conditions.
The Cardiac Management Solutions division of ZOLL Medical Corporation develops products to protect and manage cardiac patients, including the LifeVest® wearable cardioverter defibrillator (WCD), the ZOLL cardiac monitor, and associated technologies.
Heart disease is the leading cause of death for both men and women in the U.S. At ZOLL, your work will help to ensure cardiac patients get the life-saving therapy they need. To date, the LifeVest WCD has been worn by hundreds of thousands of patients and saved thousands of lives.
ZOLL has been Pittsburgh's Manufacturer of the Year, one of Western PA's Healthiest Employers, and even one of Pittsburgh's Coolest Offices. But it's our unique opportunity to impact people's lives that makes ZOLL the ideal place to build your career.
As part of our ZOLL CMS Sales Team, you will be responsible for selling our non-invasive wearable cardiac defibrillator system, and other ZOLL products such as our portfolio of cardiac diagnostic services to Health Care Professionals in the hospital and out of hospital setting. This includes the initial sales call as well as support activities to promote consistent use (Local Medical Education Programs, Tradeshows, clinical symposiums and conferences). Call points include: Physicians (Cardiologists, Electrophysiologists, Hospitalists, CT Surgeons etc.), Nurse Practitioners, Physician Assistants, nurses, case managers and administrators. Other duties include selling the value of the ZOLL Patient Management System (ZPM) to clinicians as well as educating HCP's and staff about the types of patients indicated for a WCD and all essential ordering and billing requirements.
- Provide customers with relevant clinical data that supports the risk of Sudden Cardiac Death in certain patient types and the role of the WCD in protecting these patients
- Provide customers with relevant clinical, reporting, and technical information that supports the utilization of ZOLL Cardiac Diagnostic products for appropriate patients.
- Responsible for sales and supporting activities to drive consistent utilization
- Responsible for achieving assigned sales objectives
- Responsible for selling the value of the ZOLL Patient Management (ZPM) to clinicians as well as educating HCP’s and staff about all essential ordering and billing requirements for the WCD
- Maintain database of accounts, prepare and submit reports
- Maintain a yearly and quarterly business plan
- Manage field expenses and submit reports in a timely manner
- Attend key Medical Education Programs, exhibits and conventions
- Become a company expert and resource on both ZOLL products and relevant industry trends
- Master both Customer Centric Selling and Integrity Selling skills
- Maintain a collaborative and professional working relationship with all business partners
- Represent ZOLL in a professional and ethical manner. Always maintain a positive attitude
- Communicate openly and share information with others
- Analyze and report on trends that you observe within your territory
- Ensure all relevant information and documentation is provided to intake and reimbursement to ensure appropriate and timely filing of billing claims
- Maintain credentialing/access to all assigned accounts at all times
Required/Preferred Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree Bachelor's Degree From four-year college or university. required
- 3-5 years sales experience in medical equipment sales or specialized/hospital based pharmaceutical sales. required
- 5 years of successful sales experience, and at least one of those years in healthcare sales.
- Cardiology experience. preferred
- Valid state driver’s license. Required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to be credentialed/have access privileges in all assigned customer accounts.
- Documented history of sales success
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- Must live within the assigned territory
- Internal candidates that do not meet the sales experience criteria above may be hired if they have demonstrated a sustained ability to meet the expectations of a sales role and have been in a sales support role for a minimum of 1 year OR have successfully performed within a Territory Associate role.
- This position requires the employee to sit, stand, walk, talk, listen, hear and speak on a regular basis. May occasionally be required to stoop and bend.
- Must be able to drive an automobile and may be required to travel by train or airplane as needed.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This job is a field-based position. Employee will be responsible for working daily in hospitals, doctors’ offices and other medical establishments within the assigned territory. Occasionally may be required work atypical hours (evenings and weekends) based on business needs.
ZOLL is a fast-growing company that operates in more than 140 countries around the world. Our employees are inspired by a commitment to make a difference in patients' lives, and our culture values innovation, self-motivation and an entrepreneurial spirit. Join us in our efforts to improve outcomes for underserved patients suffering from critical cardiopulmonary conditions and help save more lives.