Territory Sales Manager (Long Island, NY)
We are looking for a highly motivated SALES professional to join our North American sales team. As a Territory Sales Manager, you will sell, promote, and demonstrate the RIDGID and Greenlee lines of tools and equipment. The ideal candidate will reside in the Long Island, NY area.
This position reports to the Regional Sales Manager for the Mid-Atlantic Region. Your job will be to offer unique perspectives and insights into the way customers view their business, and align their insights and priorities, while tying those insights back to Emerson Professional Tools’ unique product differentiators. You will be able to drive two-way communications and clearly articulate our value proposition and engage the end customer in jointly addressing their business priorities.
RIDGID (Elyria, OH) is a global leader in pipe-working tools (threading, pressing, underground inspection, drain cleaning, hand tools, etc); Greenlee (Rockford, IL) is a global leader in electrical tools (hole making, bending, pulling, crimping, hand tools, etc). Both RIDGID and Greenlee are the brand of choice when a job requires purpose-built, durable, and dependable tools that perform in the most demanding conditions. Similarly, both brands are recognized as industry leaders for incorporating new technology to produce innovative tools for professional tradesmen.
AS A TERRITORY SALES MANAGER, YOU WILL:
- Perform field product demonstrations, training, and troubleshooting with end-users and distribution.
- Drive strategic new product sales and solutions to expand markets and share.
- Develop, present, and execute annual business plans to deliver incremental sales growth.
- Develop and manage a monthly/yearly sales forecast.
- Develop and own relationships with both key distributor partners and end-users.
- Be the subject matter expert for products, applications, and pricing programs for your given market.
- Support regional and national organizations through training and special initiative execution.
- Build and monitor merchandising displays at key distributor channel partner locations.
WHO YOU ARE:
You build and deliver solutions that meet customer expectations. You identify and seize new opportunities. You create teamwork, allowing others across the organization to achieve shared objectives. You anticipate future trends and implications accurately. You use financial analysis to generate, evaluate, and act on strategic options and opportunities. You persist in accomplishing objectives despite obstacles and setbacks.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, & SKILLS:
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Business, Marketing, Industrial Distribution, or other relevant disciplines; OR a minimum of five (5) years of industry outside sales experience with a proven track record in lieu of a bachelor’s degree
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Solid business acumen, with the ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Proficiency in MS Excel and PowerPoint
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, & SKILLS:
- Five (5) years of experience in Sales, Marketing, or technical support for B2B sales
- Experience with distribution channels, with emphasis on industrial, plumbing, and electrical channels
- Demonstrated success in formulating, presenting, executing, and measuring a territory business plan
- Proven track record and successful history of achieving goals and sales targets
- Strong time and territory management skills
Our compensation philosophy is simple: we pay a competitive base salary, within the local market in which we operate, and reward performance during our annual merit review process. The salary range for this role is $71,678 - $106,397, commensurate with the skills, talent, capabilities, and experience each candidate brings to a role.
Included with Employment:
- Quarterly bonus program
- 401K match and benefits package
- Sales Incentive Program opportunity
- Company-leased vehicle to transport demonstration equipment
- Comprehensive product training at factory training centers (Elyria, OH and Rockford, IL)
- Formal mentor and career development planning with Regional Sales Manager
- CRM Application experience a plus