Territory Sales Manager – Stockton, CA
Territory Sales Manager – Tracy, CA (C-Store)
The Territory Sales Manager (TSM) role is an entry point into our Mars Wrigley sales organization. The position is responsible for achieving sales KPI objectives assigned by Mars Wrigley in a defined geographic channel specific territory. TSM’s execute company strategies and priorities at the retail level in order to drive channel and customer GSV. This position is field based and reports directly to a Regional Team Leader.
The position requires a high degree of integrity with the ability to work efficiently and effectively in an independent fashion without direct supervision. Individual territory performance is highly visible to the organization and key performance indicators (KPI’s) are measured and reported on a daily basis to enable the Company to evaluate TSM performance. Associates are evaluated and compensated for their performance against these KPI’s.
What are we looking for?
- A Bachelor's degree, or HS Diploma and equivalent work experience
- Ability to lift 40lbs
- Able to sit, stand and/or drive for long periods of time, as well as frequently bend, kneel and stoop
- Ability to walk for a minimum of 6 ½ hours per day
- Demonstrate ability to work remotely
- Subject to outside weather conditions and changing climates
- Must live within territory boundaries
- Ability to travel overnight if required
What would be nice to have?
- A Bachelor's degree and significant experience in field sales and territory management
- 2+ years with at least one year of selling experience
- Prior Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG) and/or retail sales experience
- Prior selling experience in the convenience, grocery or Walmart channels
What will be your key responsibilities?
- Leverage fact based selling tools and technology to sell the company’s strategic focus areas and priorities to Key Decision Makers (KDM). These include assortment priorities (core and innovation), shelving objectives and planograms, and incremental displays both permanent and temporary.
- Customize and implement advanced selling tools and fact-based selling strategies to achieve orders and sustainable results resulting in increased share and gross sales for the company and the customer.
- Where applicable, sell in contracts which will support delivery of the distribution, shelving and merchandising objectives. Enforce compliance throughout the year by providing business updates to the store decision makers. Execute trade and/or product payment commitment (where applicable).
- Measure and evaluate specific territory business (KPI’s, trends, gaps/opportunities, what’s working/not working). Provide solutions where gaps exist and execute these solutions accordingly. Own and lead this territory story with management team.
- Partner with 3rd party providers (where applicable) to execute merchandising required after the sales initiatives are sold in (i.e. displays, seasonal, shelving initiatives, distribution/on shelf availability).
- Prepare materials for all in-store and HQ sales presentations. Utilize advanced sales tools to develop fact-based presentations (i.e. syndicated data, retail link) that will result in KPI achievement and sustainable share and sales growth.
- Leverage data and demonstrate strong priority setting to deliver channel/retailer specific Seasonal sell thru targets.
- Participate in team conference calls, training and attend all sales meetings.
- Responsible for storage facility and managing product rotation, inventory allocation, supplies, etc., in an efficient and effective way.
What can you expect from Mars?
- Work with over 130,000 diverse and talented Associates, all guided by the Five Principles.
- Join a purpose driven company, where we’re striving to build the world we want tomorrow, today.
- Best-in-class learning and development support from day one, including access to our in-house Mars University.
- An industry competitive salary and benefits package, including company bonus.
- The opportunity to learn, develop and take charge of your own career.
- To be respected and valued.
- The opportunity to work cross functionally, add value and impact a better world for generations to come.
- This position provides a company vehicle.
Base Salary Range: 54k-75k
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.ID:uDnQdo