Territory Sales Representative – LBM/Framer Software
Simpson Strong-Tie Co., Inc.
Simpson Strong-Tie is a leader in engineered structural connectors, software, and solutions for the building industry. We maintain a reputation as a trusted manufacturer, partner, and corporate citizen committed to our customers and employees.
Our founder, Barc Simpson established 9 Principles of Business we live out as company values and have made Simpson Strong-Tie an inspiring place to work since 1956. Our team of talented people are dedicated to our shared mission: to provide solutions that help people design and build safer, stronger structures.
Learn about our company culture directly from our team.
As a Territory Sales Representative (TSR)-LBM/Framer Software, you will be a champion for Simpson Strong-Tie’s LBM estimating and wall panel software. You will work alongside branch sales representatives to identify opportunities and provide software solutions for current and prospective customers. You will play an integral role on the Building Technology sales team by coordinating and aligning efforts with the overall branch and company objectives to grow Simpson Strong-Tie’s Building Technology market segment. You will also lead and participate in training sessions/workshops in and out of the territory. These workshops require scheduling, promotion, set-up, presentation, and take-down, as well as providing observation and suggestions for improvement. You will work with Regional Sales Managers, Product Management, Marketing, and other TSRs to develop/coordinate sales strategies and programs; and communicate appropriate market trends and field intelligence to provide to Management and Operations to ensure customer satisfaction.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING (% of Time)
Drive demand, identify needs and grow sales of software and technology services independently and with all market segment teams. Help customers leverage Simpson Strong-Tie’s Building Technology to meet their needs. (40%)
Demonstrate and explain how Simpson Strong-Tie’s software and service offerings can address LBM/Framer needs and improve overall efficiency and operations. (35%)
Develop and maintain a working knowledge of various software programs and provide feedback to our development team on needs for branch specific markets. (10%)
Promote Simpson Strong-Tie as an industry partner and potential employer; participate in tradeshows, association meetings and various committees and/or causes; provide educational opportunities in classroom settings throughout your territory including but not limited to suppliers and contractors. (10%)
Other duties and responsibilities, including but not limited to, consistent CRM management and usage, scheduling, business planning, submitting expense reports in a timely manner, regular maintenance of company-owned vehicles, and other duties as assigned. (5%)
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
If you can do everything listed above, you’ve got what it takes. Perhaps some of the following would be helpful too:
- Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- 3-5 Years' of industry experience and/or training. Fluent in general construction practices and distribution channels. Must have a strong working knowledge of project workflow from architect/engineer to the contractor. Sales and account management experience with a proven track record of sales/profit growth preferred.
- Technical: Have the ability to gain product knowledge in order to become a trusted resource for Simpson Products and solutions as well as working with Specialists to provide support as needed.
- Computer/Software/Technology: Proficient computer skills with the aptitude to investigate unfamiliar systems and mine existing databases into a shareable format (.csv, .xlsx). Including an understanding on how BIM and 2D Estimation can help establish what “critical inputs” are required from the BIM or 2D takeoffs.
- Presentation Skills: Ability to develop and present captivating presentations and incorporate sales skills to step a prospect through a story.
- Communication: Ability to communicate service and software offerings via verbal, written, and presentation skills. This also includes the explicit needs of the client’s decisions to the internal team for new business or to continue fostering inside sales.
- Teamwork: Ability to build and sustain cooperative working relationships.
- Creative & Innovative Thinking: Ability to exhibit creativity and innovation when contributing to organizational and individual objectives.
- Adaptability & Flexibility: Ability to respond positively to change, embracing and using new practices or values to accomplish goals and solve problems.
- Customer Focus: Ability to build and sustain productive customer relationships.
- Self-awareness: Ability to find and maximize opportunities for growth and development.
- Proactivity: Ability to identify what needs to be done and take action, when situation requires it.
- Driving Record: A valid driver’s license and a clean driving record are required.
This job requires approximately 50% domestic travel.
WORK STATUS & LOCATION
This full-time, exempt position based in Stockton. Remote available within the Northwest United States.
Relocation will not be available for this position.
$54800 - $71200 / Annual
REWARDS AT SIMPSON STRONG-TIE
We recognize and reward employees with a carefully designed and comprehensive rewards package, including competitive compensation, quarterly bonuses or commission and first-rate benefits. May exclude some positions, such as seasonal jobs.
- Quarterly Bonuses/Commission: You will be eligible for either a bonus or commission, paid on a quarterly basis. We believe all employees affect customers, sales and revenue — directly or indirectly – and should be rewarded by sharing the company profits.
- Benefits: We provide a wide range of benefits for eligible full-time employees including: medical, dental, vision, retirement contributions, employee stock purchase and bonus plans, pay for holidays, vacation, sick days, funerals and jury duty, years of service awards, employee discounts, employee referral bonuses, charitable contribution matching, education reimbursement and more. View benefit plan details here: https://benefits.strongtie.com/.
In keeping with the Company's commitment to the communities in which it does business, we are an equal opportunity employer. This means that to the fullest extent required by local law, employment decisions are based on merit and business needs and not on race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender (which state law may define to include gender identity/expression, transgender identity, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, and gender stereotyping), sexual orientation, age, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, genetic information, medical condition, covered marital status, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Please note all job offers are contingent upon a successful background investigation and drug test. Simpson Strong-Tie’s drug policy is based upon Federal Law, and therefore will screen applicants for amphetamines, including methamphetamines, cocaine, marijuana/THC, phencyclidine, and opiates.
#NowHiring #GetHired #Hiring #HiringNowID:uDnQdo