Territory Sales Representative – Thermal
Corpus Christi, TX
We’re looking for people who put their innovation to work to advance our success – and their own. Join an organization that ensures a more secure world through connecting and protecting our customers with inventive electrical solutions.
WHAT YOU WILL EXPERIENCE IN THIS POSITION:
- Work from home office and drive specifications of nVent Thermal products and services at owner accounts in the Corpus Christie / Victoria TX region. Travel will be 10-50% on average in the region depending on home office location.
- Pursuing and securing projects that involve any combination of product supply, engineering, and construction services.
- Customers include, but are not limited to, end users, engineering firms, and OEMs.
- Track project opportunities and lead customers in CRM system and establish a winning strategy resulting in project awards.
- Coordination with proposal/estimating groups, engineering, project management, and construction teams.
- Diligent self-initiated sales call activity required.
- Some regional travel required (primary sales activity in Corpus Christi, periodic travel to Houston home office)
- nVent Thermal will provide training for all new hires which may include formal training modules and/or mentorship through on-the-job training.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Ideally 5 + years of previous technical sales experience selling electrical products into an industrial environment
- Proficient with Salesforce usage & working knowledge of Microsoft Office package is required
- Steadfast drive for success; results oriented self-motivator
- Strong technical proficiency
- Solution seller
- Highly organized
- Ability to prioritize and exhibit strong time management skills
- Uncompromised business and personal ethics
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, as well as the ability to present and influence views in a clear and compelling manner
- Abilities to meet the physical and environmental demands: Job walk-downs in industrial facilities
A dynamic global reach with diverse operations around the world that will stretch your abilities, provide plentiful career opportunities, and allow you to make an impact every day
- We are a $2.5 billion, high-performance electrical company with a dedicated team of 9,500+ people and trusted brands such as CADDY, ERICO, HOFFMAN, RAYCHEM, SCHROFF and TRACER. Known for innovation, quality and reliability, our products connect and protect, consistently delivering value to industrial, commercial, residential, energy and infrastructure customers.
Commitment to strengthen communities where our employees live and work
- We encourage and support the philanthropic activities of our employees worldwide
- Through our nVent in Action matching program, we provide funds to nonprofit and educational organizations where our employees volunteer or donate money
Core values that shape our culture and drive us to deliver the best for our employees and our customers. We’re known for being:
- Innovative & adaptable
- Dedicated to absolute integrity
- Focused on the customer first
- Respectful and team oriented
- Optimistic and energizing
- Accountable for performance
Benefits to support the lives of our employees
At nVent, we connect and protect our customers with inventive electrical solutions. People are our most valuable asset. Inclusion and diversity means that we celebrate and encourage each other’s authenticity because we understand that uniqueness sparks growth.