Territory Service Representative – NO Sales -Utica, New Hartford, Potsdam and surrounding area
Novo Building Products
Novo Building Products is an industry-leading manufacturer and distributor of mouldings, stair parts, doors, and specialty building products. Novo Building Products family of companies includes Ornamental Decorative Millwork, L.J. Smith Stair Systems, Empire Moulding & Millwork, Southwest Moulding & Millwork, and Novo Direct.
Just as our products are used to build something new and inspire others to make living spaces more beautiful, we endeavor to impact the people and communities we touch every day positively.
This role will cover the territory in and around Utica, New Hartford, Rome, Ogdensburg and Potsdam NY. Pay starts at $45,000 plus monthly car allowance, bonus potential, mileage and benefits from day one.
The basic function of this position is to provide full store service to Novo Distribution’s (dba Empire) National Home Center (NHC) account in a “territory” of stores. Duties include but are not limited to: merchandising product within the stores (zone recover), culling and writing credits for damaged or defective product, cycle/” focus” counts, controlling customer inventories for maximum turns with minimum stock-outs, recommending new products when appropriate, addressing customer concerns, stocking replenishment orders on a weekly basis in select stores, and periodically conducting resets and/or training on the Company’s products. This is NOT a sales role.
Essential Responsibilities -
· Travel to assigned stores within “Territory” on a regular, pre-determined call schedule to service the store. May be required to travel to additional stores outside of the assigned Territory.
· Manage strong relationships with store personnel (store management, red vest, MST, etc.)
· Maintain accurate inventory by making focus and cycle counts adjustments and/or notifying customers of necessary changes when appropriate.
· Maintain appearance of Company’s product in the store by cleaning, culling, placing suggested orders, preparing returns and credits and making sure point-of-purchase materials are up to date and in-place.
· Provide training to store personnel on the Company’s products and services.
· Analyze performance, product mix, market conditions, and new product opportunities and recommend changes when appropriate.
· Facilitate store reset activity with the NHC Store Planning Team as required.
· Participate in special events (i.e., Grand Openings, Contractor Nights, Product Knowledge Training, Company Meetings, etc.).
· Stock replenishment orders as assigned within 48 hours of delivery to store (may be required to stock additional stores as needed).
· Manage all expenses per corporate policies and procedures.
· Demonstrate high standards of conduct, professionalism, courtesy, ethics, and “can do” attitude when representing the Company.
Basic Qualifications (Required)
- High school diploma
- A valid drivers’ license and acceptable driving record
- Proof of current auto insurance
- Solid organization and time management skills
- Computer skills; specifically, Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word
- Ability to work a flexible work schedule
- Selling, communication and interpersonal skills. Must be fluent in English, both written and verbal.
Must demonstrate courtesy, diplomacy, tact, and a proven ability to foster relationships based on integrity and professionalism.
- Ability for overnight or daily travel to service stores is required
- Travel (Travel expenses are covered per Corporate Travel Policy)
- Ability to drive to and from stores
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Standing and walking – 100%
- Bending or twisting – up to 60%
- Lifting 5 – 25 lbs. – up to 40%
- Lifting 35 – 50 lbs. – up to 20%
- Lifting 100 lbs. and over (with assistance) – up to 10%
Pushing/pulling with wheeled equipment up to average 1500 lbs. – up to 60%
Why Work with Us?
We offer competitive wages, shift premiums, and benefits. Benefits include a clean work environment, medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term disability, long-term disability, employee assistance program, Paid Time Off (PTO), and 401k program with employer match.
We have a dynamic culture with our team members who are encouraged to contribute, change, grow, and get rewarded accordingly. If you're passionate about contributing to a great team, we would love to hear from you!