Wright Patterson Afb, OH
The successful candidate for this position possesses a background in developing and overseeing medium to large scale open-air aviation test and evaluation (T&E) programs. Candidates should have experience test planning and managing a combined simulation, lab, ground, and flight test program. This role will be part of a team supporting the Air Force Research Laboratory (AFRL) in the planning, coordination, execution, and reporting of autonomous airborne capabilities. The role will also identify and reconcile potential conflicts in availability, capacity, capability, readiness, and configuration. The role will proactively engage both sponsors and capability providers to solicit inputs and develop plans while adhering to established restrictions, policy, and priorities to best achieve the customers schedule, technical, and data product requirements. Responsibilities include:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Team with program leads to mature system requirements, ensure testability, and trace test efforts to requirements
- Build a comprehensive build-up system test approach that uses modeling and simulation, hardware in the loop, software in the loop, ground test, and flight test
- Develop, draft, review, and update comprehensive test strategies, and program level test plans
- Coordinate and schedule test assets and ranges based on their capabilities, limitations, and constraints
- Prepare formal and informal documentation in accordance with organizational processes and procedures, schedule and facilitate incremental planning and coordination meetings and prepare and deliver written and oral progress reports.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Bachelors’ degree from an accredited college in a technical discipline with 10 years of experience in T&E planning / test management / test conduct of open-air range operations or flight test engineer, or equivalent experience/combined education.
- DoD Clearance Requirement: Top Secret, SCI-eligible
- Active Top Secret/SCI clearance
- Experience in uncrewed and/or autonomous aircraft and capabilities
- Candidate must be a high performer, effective collaborator, and organized.
- Experience with open-air range operations and T&E planning and execution activities required.
- Adept problem solver and possess critical thinking skills.
- Must be team player
- Must be self-motivated and goal oriented
- Must possess excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products
KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.ID:uDnQdo