At Flex, we welcome people of all backgrounds. Our employees thrive here by living our values: we support each other as we strive to find a better way, we move fast with discipline and purpose, and we do the right thing always. Through a respectful, inclusive and collaborative culture, a career at Flex offers the opportunity to make a difference, invest in your career growth and join our purpose -- to make great products that create value and improve people’s lives.
To support our extraordinary teams who build great products and contribute to our growth, we’re looking to add a Test Engineer located in Austin, TX.
Reporting to the Test Engineering Manager, the Test Engineer role will be responsible for implementing and maintaining cost-effective methods of testing and troubleshooting systems, software, and/or equipment.
What a typical day looks like:
- Develops and/or modifies test programs using various languages (i.e. Python, Lab View, Perl etc.).
- Develops instrument drivers.
- Support level debug and general manufacturing tester support.
- Develops and/or supports diagnostic tests at the card edge level.
- Designs and supports functional test hardware, computer platforms and interfaces.
- Develops test plans and procedures.
- Coordinates 3rd party development of functional test development, enhancements, test fixtures.
- Directs and/or coordinates electronic engineering and/or technical personnel in fabrication and design of testing and test control apparatus and equipment, or software and systems testing.
- Directs and coordinates electronic engineering activities concerned with development, procurement, installation and calibration of instruments, equipment and control devices required to test, and record test data.
- Interfaces and confers with scientific, engineering, and technical personnel to resolve testing problems such as product or system malfunctions, incomplete test data, data interpretation or coding issues.
- Analyzes and interprets test data and prepares technical reports for use by electronic or software engineering, and management personnel.
- Trains and instructs floor support, test technicians and test operators on test hardware and/or software, as well as problem solving techniques.
- Resolves test yield problems by performing analysis of root causes, developing and coordinating corrective action measures and monitoring improvements.
- Perform and support equipment verification and integration in production.
- Create and maintain process documentation.
The experience we’re looking to add to our team:
- Typically requires a Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent experience and training.
- Use of the following tools may be required: Electronic Assembly: color code, component, schematics. May require various PCB operations. Testing: oscilloscope, cable and harness testing, trouble shooting, component testing, logic analyzer. Inspection: bare board, systems, components, cable and harness, microscope, measuring tools.
- Demonstrates advanced functional and technical skills and basic process skills.
- Typically requires skill and troubleshooting, and diagnostics, and overview of the entire test process and the ability to train others.
What you’ll receive for the great work you provide:
- Full range of medical benefits, dental, vision
- Life Insurance
- Matching 401K
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee discounts at local retailers
Job CategoryProduction EngineeringRelocation: Not eligible
Is Sponsorship Available?NoFlex is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. We celebrate diversity and do not discriminate based on: age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, pregnancy status, or any other status protected by law. We're happy to provide reasonable accommodations to those with a disability for assistance in the recruitment process. Please advise us of any accommodations you may need by e-mailing: [email protected] ID:uDnQdo