Test Technician 3
Business Unit:Cubic Integrated Supply Chain
Company Details:When you join Cubic, you become part of a company that creates and delivers technology solutions in transportation to make people’s lives easier by simplifying their daily journeys, and defense capabilities to help promote mission success and safety for those who serve their nation. Led by our talented teams around the world, Cubic is committed to solving global issues through innovation and service to our customers and partners.
We have a top-tier portfolio of businesses, including Cubic Transportation Systems (CTS) and Cubic Defense (CD). Explore more on Cubic.com.
Job Summary: Performs testing, repair, and maintenance activities to equipment at field sites. Operates all electronic test equipment performing complex tests, troubleshooting and repairs of subassemblies per complete and incomplete test procedures. Works in a Depot shop environment on Printed Circuit Boards (PCB’s), subassemblies, and other individual parts as required. This position typically works under general supervision and direction.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reads and interprets complex schematics, part/wire lists, test procedures, engineering manuals, work orders, customer specifications.
- Diagnoses, locates, troubleshoots malfunction, and repairs as needed.
- Sets up and operates electronic test equipment to perform complex operational, functional, and environmental tests on assemblies and sub-assemblies.
- Participates in the prevention, detection, and treatment phases of corrosion control, maintains tools, equipment, supplies and kits for adequacy and availability to accomplish the necessary site maintenance.
Assists other site technicians in solving unusual problems in the hardware and electronic systems as required.
- Performs housekeeping services of all system equipment and associated grounds.
- Builds cable assemblies and PCBs as required.
- Identifies and analyzes equipment malfunctions and utilizes various maintenance and repair manuals, test equipment, wiring diagrams, schematics, electronics devices, and electrical equipment, to rework, repair and maintain equipment.
- Performs technical and semi-technical tasks not always electronic in nature.
- Maintains appropriate records and documentation in accordance with contractual requirements.
- Performs transportation of personnel, equipment, supplies, and spare parts between the various equipment locations.
- Provides feedback to supervision and planning on time restraints and productivity goals set by management.
- Possesses ability to understand verbal instructions to rework, repairs, test, troubleshoot and maintain equipment and PCB’s.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Two years college degree, or equivalent experience, in electronics, plus a minimum of four years’ experience in and electronics related industry.
- Must have through hole and surface mount components soldering skill.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to travel.
- Ability to work in hectic and noisy environments.
- Must be able to stand for long periods.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
The description provided above is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties, responsibilities, and requirements. Duties, responsibilities, and requirements may change over time and according to business need.