Topcon Grade Control Field Technician / Mechanic
PAPE’ MACHINERY, INC. – CONSTRUCTION & FORESTRY DIVISION – PORTLAND, OR
TOPCON GRADE CONTROL FIELD TECHNICIAN / MECHANIC:
Do you love working on equipment and turning wrenches? Are you looking to grow your skills as a mechanic? Are you looking for not just another job, but a career? Pape’ Machinery, the premier capital equipment dealer in the West, is seeking a Topcon Grade Control Field Technician / Mechanic to join their team in Portland, OR.
At Pape’, you can count on us to invest heavily in your Technician career through training, resources, and support. We want to see you grow your skill set and experience, and in turn, provide excellent compensation, work-life balance, and benefits for you and your family. Come join our team!
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
As our Topcon Grade Control Field Technician, you will work on grade control equipment at customer locations to ensure that their equipment is running in peak form and maximizing uptime. You will also advise customers on parts and service needs, such as machine inspections, overhauls, standard job quotes, and special parts promotions, assist in training and coordination for basic in-field start-ups, and more!
Every day, picture yourself traveling the area in a fully loaded Pape’ service vehicle, performing top-notch work on equipment, interacting with customers, and knowing that they can count on you to get the job done right.
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 3 or more years of experience in and industry-related role and excellent mechanical skills with involvement in activities such as service, training or other related work.
- Basic computer knowledge.
- Experience in GPS or machine control technology is preferred but not required.
- Self-motivation and
- Ability to work under little or no supervision.
- Excellent communication and customer relations skills.
- Driver’s license with a good driving record.
Compensation: $28-40/hr (Depending on Experience)
Why work for Pape’:
- Competitive pay based on your skills, training, and experience level.
- Outstanding benefits including – 401(k) & Roth 401(k) Retirement Plans with Company Match; Medical, Dental, Vision and Prescription Insurance; Flexible Spending Accounts (Flex Plans); Life Insurance; Short- and Long-Term Disability Insurance; Employee Assistance Program; Online and Instructor-Led Training; Tuition Reimbursement for Training Programs.
- Progressive Vacation Plans, Sick Leave & Paid Holidays – Members receive 80 hours of vacation (First year is prorated for new hires based on start date), 24 hours of Sick Leave, and 7 paid holidays each year. Papé vacation plans also have tiers based on your seniority, so as your seniority grows, your vacation time off does as well.
- Advancement – Pape’ is a dynamic, growth-oriented organization with a focus on promoting from within.
- Stability and reputation — Pape’ is a family-owned, fourth-generation company with over 160 locations, over 4,500 members and 85 plus years of experience. Pape’ is known for their stability, honesty and integrity.
- Equipment – We have the largest equipment inventory in the West and an unparalleled parts inventory!
- Employee impact – Enjoy an open-door policy where your voice will be heard and your opinions will matter.
- Training – You will be provided with training and mentoring to prepare you for your role and continued learning to grow your skills.