Transfer Station Manager – $ Sign-on Bonus Eligible $
Join us in creating a sustainable future and becoming a protector of tomorrow!
The Transfer Station Operations Manager is responsible for ensuring the proper, safe, and environmentally compliant operations, maintenance, and administration of a multi-faceted Covanta-operated Transfer Station through management of and interaction with Covanta Transfer Station employees, sub-contracted operators, and/or waste transporters as well as interaction with regional and corporate management and support personnel.
In this role you will work with the Transfer Station management team and employees to leverage resources and maximize the efficiency of the Covanta Transfer Station and work along side and in collaboration with the appropriate facility, area, regional, and corporate accounting staff to ensure accurate and timely budgeting, forecasting, and financial reporting of the Covanta Transfer Station. The Transfer Station Operations Manager will also be responsible to develop long-term strategic plans, relationships, and partnerships to increase the value delivered to Covanta through the operation of the Covanta Transfer Station, while also promoting a culture of innovation, continuous improvement, and dedication for the safety of all Transfer Station personnel, customers, and vendors.
Role Responsibilities include:
- Responsible for ensuring safe daily operation and maintenance of a Covanta Transfer Station while ensuring consistent site housekeeping and compliance with all local, state, and federal rules, regulations, laws, and permits. These responsibilities include leadership and ongoing development of Shift Supervisors to ensure consistency and alignment in processes/procedures and that resource allocation is optimized. Also responsible for daily collaboration with the Maintenance Manager to ensure Operations and Maintenance are aligned on all projects and equipment issues impacting the transfer operation and facility/site requirements
- Responsible for active input, communication, and oversight of the monthly forecast process and annual budget process for the Covanta Transfer Station assets. Responsible for understanding the facility P&L and participating with Facility Manager and Financial Business partner as required on monthly forecast and reconciliation
- Responsible for interaction with sub-contracted waste haulers to ensure smooth and consistent movement and processing of daily waste deliveries
- Responsible for the facility operations team's hiring, training, evaluation, development, and shift staffing.
- Responsible for supporting or leading any safety and/or infrastructure-related projects and related timelines and for interaction and communication with Covanta EFW facility team to ensure smooth efficient processing of operations at Covanta Transfer Station
- Responsible for interaction with the Regional Management team and Business Management team in developing and executing long-term strategic plans regarding overall presence and strategy within a specific market area. Responsible for basic understanding of the Master Service Agreement to support interaction with Covanta customers and the local County management team.
- Engage with the Client/Facility Owner, as required, to maintain compliance with the O&M Agreement.
- The position also requires daily site walkthroughs, which include intermittent exposure to outdoor operating conditions and inclement weather.
- Position requires frequently operating in all environments associated with the operation of a solid waste transfer facility. Including working in or around large equipment and trucks.
- Previous progressive solid waste experience required, preferably five (5) years’ experience, including progressive experience in the day-to-day operation of a state-permitted solid waste transfer facility, as well as progressive experience in transfer station operating policies and procedures and environmental and permit compliance.
- An undergraduate degree is desirable; however, hands-on operating experience and progressive levels of operations experience will be acceptable in lieu of a degree.
- A High School Diploma is required.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities include:
- Ability to communicate effectively in both written and verbal form.
- Ability to effectively lead team members to affect a common goal.
- Understanding of the market impact and company interaction of Covanta Transfer Stations and other market-based Covanta facilities.
- Sufficient experience and expertise to effectively work with Regional Management and Business Management teams in developing long-term strategic plans.
- Familiarity and proficiency with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and other associated reporting and operating systems.
- The position requires the ability to travel between multiple Covanta operating locations.
Covanta is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
EOE AA M/F/Protected Veteran Status/Disability EEO is the Law Poster (The poster can be found at https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf). Level, Title and/or Salary may be adjusted based on the applicant's experience or skills.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to access job openings or apply for a job on this site as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.ID:uDnQdo