Transfer Trailer Driver
The Transfer Trailer Driver is responsible for safely operating a heavy commercial truck, a tractor trailer, or a straight truck with a pup trailer, or another vehicle requiring a Class A CDL, to provide prompt and courteous delivery and removal of large containers from the transfer station to a landfill.
New Starting Pay Rate for Qualified Candidates!
Position is Eligible for a $5,000 Hiring Bonus!!!
Drivers at Casella participate in a Career Pathways Program that offers exceptional Advancement Opportunity, Regular Merit Increases, and Safety Bonus Incentives.
- Performs complete pre and post operation inspection of the vehicle in accordance with company policy to ensure all equipment is working properly and safely; reports any safety issues on standard reports.
- Operates his or her heavy truck along designated route and to the disposal site; reads route sheet, follows map and services each customer as identified on the route sheet or as assigned by the dispatcher and/or supervisor.
- Interacts politely with all customers, dispatchers, and others on a daily basis, and ensures all customer routes are serviced in a timely and professional manner.
- Monitors all materials for evidence of unacceptable waste.
- Cleans areas around an accidental waste spill and ensures adherence to all applicable safety standards and policies.
- Monitors the condition of the vehicle at all times to ensure it is always operationally ready and to minimize down time; cleans waste from the container and container edges on each disposal trip.
- Participates in training and other learning opportunities to expand knowledge of the company, products, sales and services and performs any other duties needed to help drive our vision, fulfill our mission, and/or abide by our core values.
Education, Experience & Qualifications
The successful candidate will have a High School Diploma or GED, must be at least 18 years of age, hold a valid Class A CDL License and must be legally eligible to work in the United States. Two years of prior experience driving commercial trucks, the physical ability to handle objects more than 75lbs is expected frequently throughout the day and work under many different weather conditions are required.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills, effective listening and problem-solving skills, and dedication to providing excellent customer service is desired. It is also important that the candidate has demonstrated the ability to work as part of a team in a collaborative environment.
Positive, team-oriented individual who is disciplined, dependable, determined, focused on delivering excellent customer service, and is open to personal and professional training and development.