Travel Chaperone (Notional Opportunity)
Janus Global Operations, LLC
El Paso, TX
Our vision aims to empower our clients by actively leveraging our broad range of services. With our global presence, we have career opportunities all across the world which can lead to a unique, exciting and fulfilling career path. Pick your path today! To see what career opportunities we have available, explore below to find your next career!
***Meals & Incidentals will be reimbursed through expense report submittal post-travel.***
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists during transition and movement of children from one activity to the next and one physical location to another, including during domestic flights or international flights (international when requested by ORR), and during emergency shelter evacuations.
- Provides oversight during recreation, mealtime, relaxing time, play, and travel.
- When not driving, provides oversight of children during recreation, mealtime, relaxing time, play, travel.
- Ensures that all children’s needs are provided for such as protection of valuables, clothing distribution, laundry services, etc.
- Always maintain confidentiality of children and shelter operations, both on and off work (i.e., no social media postings)
- Responsible for ensuring chain of custody and the safeguarding of confidential discharge documents and prescribed medication as applicable.
- May need to administer prescribed medication and must be able to follow medical instructions.
- Keeps regular communication with the facility and assigned supervisor during transportation of children.
- While traveling, Travel Chaperone/Escort may incur out-of-pocket expenses. Travel Chaperone/Escort will need to have a travel card for travel expenses. These expenses will be reimbursed by the company if proper documentation is presented (receipt and expense report).
- Following travel, Travel Chaperone/Escort will complete their expense report immediately following travel.
- Travel Chaperone/Escort will be required to provide documentation of all duties performed while on shift.
- Completes all required documentation pertaining to this position promptly, which may include daily reports, shift briefings, and management updates.
- Responsible for adhering to all Acuity, ORR, & other applicable regulations. Ensures all contract agency policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Perform duties of line-of-sight care of children to meet contractual requirements both on and off site.
- Ensure accurate timesheet management (clock in and out).
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Performs duties in a safe manner.
- Follows all corporate safety policies.
- Ensures the safety and security of all children and safe operating conditions within the area of responsibility.
- Participates in and supports safety meetings, training, and goals.
- Assists in the active implementation of company initiatives to ensure compliance with OSHA VPP, ISO, Joint Commission, AAAHC, and other mandated regulations/standards.
- Proficient in Spanish & English (Read, Write, Speak).
- Must be able to receive and understand detailed information through oral communication.
- Available to work full-time hours with multiple shifts, including holidays and weekends and on call.
- At least 21 years old.
- Valid U.S. driver’s license and maintain a clean driving record.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Clean criminal background check.
- Clean Child Abuse and Neglect or Child Protective Services Check (CA/N).
- Have and maintain a clean driving record.
- Able to navigate an airport environment, coordinate with airline customer service if required and familiar with TSA™ screening requirements.
- Must be able to perform Emergency Behavioral Intervention (EBI) for youth in care (as applicable per contract and/or cooperative agreements).
- Meet the requirements of the contract for all immunizations (Emergency Task Order or Cooperative Agreement).
- Must be able to multi-task, be detail-oriented, be organized, and have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency with computers, common office equipment, and MS Office™ products.
- Ability to remain calm and composed under stress.
- Experience working with special needs children.
- Valid U. S. passport.
- Ability to ascend/descend stairs.
- Ability to lift to 50 lbs.
- Able to withstand changing environmental conditions with weather (rain, lightning, extreme heat, and winds).
- Able to withstand and manipulate through construction areas, sports fields, etc.
- Use of manual dexterity, tactile, visual, and audio acuity.
- Must be able to supervise children indoors and outdoors throughout the entire duration of their shift period, which lasts 8 hours or more on a typical shift.
- Must be able to stay awake/alert, sit, stand, walk, bend, or stoop for extended periods of time and/or the entire duration of the shift, as necessary.
- Must be prepared and physically able to respond with the appropriate protocol in a variety of dynamic supervision situations with children of 0-17 years in age.
- In a sudden or emergency, staff must always be physically able to run, jump, lunge, twist, push, pull, and assist evacuating or carrying an adolescent to safety.
- Ability to pass a medical examination to determine one’s fitness to care for youth if accommodations are required satisfactorily and safely.
- Able to communicate verbally and listen for constant surveillance of children and staff activities.
Acuity International is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
For OFCCP compliance, the taxable entity associated with this job posting is:Acuity-CHS, LLC ID:uDnQdo