Carma Laboratories, Inc.
The Truck Driver will serve our supply chain logistics department in a safe and timely manner. They will transport finished goods and raw materials over land to and from manufacturing plants or distribution centers.
Reports to: Distribution Supervisor
- Daily execution of driving Carma trucks in order to move product to and from the various Carma Labs facilities
- Load and unload trucks
- Perform required truck inspections and reviews. Informing management of any safety concerns or maintenance requirements.
- Personally comply with any Federal Motor Carrier Safety and Commercial Motor Vehicle operating regulations while performing driving duties
- Complete required stock move transactions within the Carma ERP system
- Perform external supplier & customer pick up and deliveries as required
- Assist in general warehouse duties and operations as required
- Participate and contribute to 5S and continuous improvement processes/activities
- Maintain a clean and organized work area
- High level/frequent internal contact working with all departments
- Moderate level of external contact interaction with supply base and maintenance suppliers
- Infrequent customer contact - interaction with customers during deliveries
- Other duties/projects as assigned by supervisor
Required Experience, Desired Skills & Qualifications:
- Valid drivers / operators license
- Previous truck driving experience or training
- Commercial Drivers License (CDL) Class B or A
- General Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations knowledge and understanding
- Fork lift/material handling equipment operating experience
- General warehouse/material handling experience
- General computer skills
High School Diploma or equivalent
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
- The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 35 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to bend or reach throughout the workday.
- Employee must be able to sit for up to eight hours in a work day.
- Ability to function in highly stressful situations.
The work environments described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.