Truck Driver – OTR
Build your career at Sazerac! With almost 400 years of rich history, Sazerac Company has thrived as an independent, American family-owned company with operations in the United States and around the world. Since the 2000s, Sazerac has averaged double digit growth every year! Sazerac Company produces and markets the most award-winning bourbons and whiskeys in the world, including Buffalo Trace, Pappy Van Winkle, Eagle Rare, Blanton’s, and Sazerac Rye. Additionally, Sazerac owns many popular brands across a range of spirits, including Fireball, Southern Comfort, Seagram’s V.O., Myers’s, Goldschläger, Parrot Bay, 99 Brand, and Platinum Vodka.
We’re proud of our award-winning culture and distilleries. Our Louisville office has been named one of the “Best Places to Work in Kentucky” four times, and our Buffalo Trace Distillery has earned the title of “world’s most award-winning distillery” through the dedication of our craftsmen for well over 200 years. Whether you’re a recent graduate or an experienced professional, Sazerac provides extraordinary opportunities for growth with competitive salaries and benefits in an exciting, entrepreneurial industry.
Drives truck to transport materials to and from specified destinations: while applying knowledge of commercial driving regulations and area roads. Safe operation of truck and trailer; accurate records and maintenance of truck/trailer logs. A clean driving record is required along with Haz Mat endorsement, a Class A CDL, and Tanker endorsement; and subject to all Federal Motor Carrier's drug testing regulations.
- Adhere to all DOT, federal, state and company safety regulations and policies; ensure all transportation activities are consistent with industry best practices and safety. Execute safe practices and operating procedures to minimize the occurrence and severity of work related accidents; report all safety occurrences in a timely manner.
- Support a customer service culture by delivering world class customer service. Continually maintain efforts to improve delivery of products; reduce costs and respond quickly to needs of customers; maintain solid professional working relationships inside and outside the company. Set a positive example and act in a manner consistent with company values.
- Responsible for driving tractor trailers to transport materials to and from specified destinations: while applying knowledge of commercial driving regulations and area roads. Also responsible for safe operation of truck and trailer; accurate records and maintenance of truck/trailer logs and to continually seek to improve day to day operations by being consistent, thorough and following SOPs.
- Completes PDS plan to improve skills and performance utilizing PDS as tool to drive optimal performance and measure progress. Promote and support Company culture within the finance organization.
- Utilize CDS system to identify training needs and design development curriculum, programs and content for the purpose of preparing for career opportunities within the company. Provide feedback to manager regarding on-the-job learning opportunities.
- Adhere to logistics and transportation policies and procedures; observe tracking tools to ensure all operations are under the agreed upon policies and procedures.
- Perform job in a responsible manner and in compliance with Company procedures and applicable rules and regulations including DOT regulations.
- Develop and maintain solid professional working relationships. Set a positive example and act in a manner consistent with company values. Actively participate in making the company a great place to work. Strive to be an ideal Sazerac Team Member and serve as a role model for the Sazerac culture. Take an active role in communicating and living by the values that define the Sazerac culture.
- Ability and willingness to work non-traditional hours (nights/weekends)
- Ability to communicate with all levels of an org
- Ability to project a professional image
- At least 21 years of age
- Demonstrate the ability to work as a team as well as self-directed
- High School diploma or GED equivalent
- Self-motivated, innovative and solution-oriented mindset
- A clean driving record
- 2 years relevant experience
- 1 year experience in Aging Warehouse Operations
Current mileage rate of $.8558 per mile for all hauls over 11 hours. Any hauls less than 11 hours will be paid at the hourly day rate.
You should be proficient in:
- Current CDL License
- Hazardous Materials