Trucking Maintenance Manager
New Millennium Building Systems
Fort Wayne, IN
- Source equipment from multiple vendors and build options for ordering and comparing multiple bids for said equipment.
- Inspect and replace basic engine components.
- Basic electrical troubleshooting and repair.
- Change tires, make brake adjustments, and fix lights.
- Perform preventative maintenance on equipment.
- Inspect and repair trailers.
- Build vendor presence for future cost savings and better service times.
- Help hold vendors accountable for large ticket items for repairs.
- Knowledge of truck, trailer, and roll-off maintenance.
- Demonstrates successful negotiating skills with trucking related vendors.
- 10 plus years of experience with trucking maintenance preferred in a management capacity.
- Ability to work independently.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to travel.
- Needs to have a “big picture” mentality.
- Knowledge of software systems (OTM, Excel, Work, SAI) preferred.
Steel Dynamics Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.ID:uDnQdo