(USA) Developmental Technician, General Facilities Maintenance
What you'll do...
Are you looking for an awesome career with a fun team? Walmart is expanding our General Maintenance Team for our retail stores. We are looking to grow our team and find top talent to join our fast-paced, friendly environment!
What are the essential functions of a Developmental Technician:
- All primary responsibilities will be assisted or performed under the direct supervision of an experienced technician.
- Maintain and repair Walmart facilities, equipment, and assets by utilizing multiple craft skills (for example, plumbing, electrical, carpentry, material handling equipment, food equipment) and using hand tools, power tools, and other equipment to complete jobs.
- Utilize the work order management system to receive reactive repair Work Orders to support Stores and Store associates and documenting repair activities.
- Provide prompt response to emergency maintenance calls.
- Inspecting, operating, or testing facilities, equipment, or fixtures to diagnose issues.
- Complete all required training requirements to safely operate equipment and tools
Benefits of the General Maintenance Developmental Technician position:
- Full Time
- Bonus Eligible
- Eligible for bonus incentive
- Walmart discount
- Paid Time Off that accrues.
- Full benefits available for Health / Vision / Dental / Life
- 401k with company match
- Eligible to participate in the Associate Stock Purchase Plan
- FREE College through Live Better University
General Maintenance Developmental Technician Position Requirements:
- 18 years or older
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Can lift up to 50 lbs. at a time.
- Can move up and down ladders frequently.
- Comfortable working at heights frequently
- Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time.
- Able to work in various temperatures.
- Must maintain excellent driving record.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.1 years' experience in following trades: plumbing, electrical, material handling equipment, or related trade. OR 2 years Walmart store experience
Facilities Maintenance Certificate of Completion through Live Better U and Penn Foster Career School
Valid Driver's License.
Eligible for a Commercial Driver's License (CDL).
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.