(USA) Manager I, Energy Services
What you'll do...
About Walmart Energy Transformation
The Walmart Energy Transformation team is a newly reimagined energy team that was created to ensure the team has the resources and internal positioning to deliver on Walmart’s energy-related regenerative goals. The team now reports directly to the COO of Walmart US and the Chief Sustainability Officer.
This new organization is responsible for:
Buying energy and optimizing for the lowest cost in regulated and wholesale markets. Meeting our renewable’s goal of 100% renewables by 2030 Increasing the energy efficiency and reducing emissions across our facilities Meeting our 2040 Zero Emissions goal, including transitioning our fleet to zero emissions vehicles
What you will do..
Reduces energy and utility expenses in the assigned region by implementing energy saving programs; calculating estimated cost savings and return on investment; preparing proposals for implemented energy efficiency procedures; researching, educating, and coordinating energy interdepartmental and external agency saving efforts; and providing energy consumption data during facility planning and construction phases.
Supports utility rates decisions by performing in-depth rate and pricing analyses; reviewing utility contracts; supporting negotiations on unique contracts; and preparing contracts for approval by managers.
Works to reduce energy costs and maintains power by identifying and documenting opportunities for and securing energy credits and rebates offered by states; organizing work requested by utility companies during emergency situations to prevent power loss; identifying power factor penalties through billing and recommending installation of capacitors and co-generation to improve the power factor and reduce costs; researching rates and tariffs to ensure proper rates are applied (for example, ensuring economic development incentives and riders have been applied, ensuring rate changes and usage reductions in vacant buildings have been implemented); and reviewing tenant subleases for proper allocation of utility expenses and securing appropriate reimbursements.
Identifies the regulatory and legislation influencing process by identifying, reviewing, analyzing, and interpreting legislation, regulations, and policy issues related to renewable and sustainable energy, and greenhouse gas emissions; drafting initial comments, rebuttals, and briefs; securing and directing outside legal counsel and technical consultants to assist in preparing and presenting Walmart's position; proposing solutions to management; and ensuring testimony and briefs are prepared and submitted on time after securing approvals.
Identifies sustainable and renewable energy opportunities and initiatives by developing strategies; identifying and participating in state and federal policy and regulatory proceedings; supporting the development and maintenance of a tracking system for reporting progress in renewable or sustainable energy legislation and regulation proceedings involving Walmart; traveling to meet with regulatory agencies; and managing energy and sustainability affairs in selected arenas.
Coordinates, completes, and oversees job-related activities and assignments by developing and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders; supporting plans and initiatives to meet customer and business needs; identifying and communicating goals and objectives; building accountability for and measuring progress in achieving results; identifying and addressing improvement opportunities; and demonstrating adaptability and promoting continuous learning.
Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates by hiring and training; mentoring; assigning duties; providing recognition; and ensuring diversity awareness. Ensures compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by implementing related action plans; utilizing and supporting the Open Door Policy; and providing direction and guidance on applying these in executing business processes and practices.
Live our Values
• Models the Walmart values to foster our culture; holds oneself accountable; and supports Walmart’s commitment to communities, social justice, corporate social responsibility, and sustainability; maintains and promotes the highest standards of integrity, ethics and compliance.
• Is consistently humble, self-aware, honest, and transparent.
Curiosity & Courage
• Demonstrates curiosity and a growth mindset; supports innovation and intelligent risk-taking; and exhibits resilience in the face of setbacks.
Digital Transformation & Change
• Implements and supports continuous improvements and willingly embraces new digital tools and ways of working.
Deliver for the Customer
• Delivers results while putting the customer first and applying an omnimerchant mindset and the EDLP and EDLC business models to all plans.
• Adopts a broad perspective that considers data, analytics, customer insights, and different parts of the business when making plans.
Focus on our Associates
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
• Embraces diversity in all its forms and actively supports diversity of ideas and perspectives, as well as diversity goal programs.
Collaboration & Influence
• Builds strong and trusting relationships with team members and business partners; works collaboratively to achieve objectives; communicates with
impact to a range of audiences; and demonstrates energy and positivity for own work.
• Contributes to an environment allowing everyone to bring their best selves to work, demonstrates engagement and commitment to the team, and recognizes others’
contributions and accomplishments.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Business, Finance, or related field and 1 year’s experience in utility operations or related area OR 3 years’ experience in utility operations or related area.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Building technology platforms, Operations, Supervising AssociatesMasters: Business Administration, Masters: Computer EngineeringProject Management - Project Management Professional - Certification