(USA) Senior Data Analyst
What you'll do...
This role will report to the Sr Manager of Capacity & Capabilities within the Transportation Planning. Primary responsibilities will include working with a team of Data Analyst that will develop, enhance, & maintain capacity capabilities. You will work closely with the forecasting portion of the team to understand the transportation workload that needs to be covered based off of updated demand signals. Will then need to create capacity plans outlining the capacity for each network and parts of the country so that we can properly advise the business areas to increase/decrease capacity through various means. Once a capacity plan is created by network by using operational feedback and data analysis the plans can then be communicated to operations and business partners. These plans can involve various driver and equipment types across all networks. This role is based in Bentonville, AR.
You’ll sweep us off our feet if…
- Strong business communication skills, both written and verbal; with ability to communicate / present to Operations teams, also ability to express complex technical topics clearly & easily.
- Proficiency in SQL, GCP and Tableau.
- Can effectively synthesize, visualize, and story-tell using data.
- Ability to thrive in ambiguity and often lack of clarity, demonstrated ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment while managing multiple projects and tight deadlines.
You’ll make an impact by…
- Partner with our data science teams to develop best-in-class capabilities to identify defects programmatically, proactively and intelligently, and enable root cause analysis and case management to eliminate defects.
- Ensure final deliverables are actionable and communicated in a way that drives quantifiable business benefit in terms of improved efficiencies or improved decision making.
- Examples of deliverables could range from data base management, scorecard development, reporting and visualization development and automation, descriptive analytics followed by predictive /prescriptive analytics.
- Partner closely with Finance, Operations, and other key stakeholders. Build productive and positive relationships across the organization at all levels to drive influence.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
Benefits & Perks:
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Who We Are
Join Walmart and your work could help over 275 million global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. But you’ll quickly find we’re a company who wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Walmart is where the world’s most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Join us and you'll discover why we are a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you’ll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life. careers.walmart.com
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Option 1: Bachelor's degree in Business, Engineering, Statistics, Economics, Analytics, Mathematics, Arts, Finance or related field and 2 years' experience in data analysis, data science, statistics, or related field. Option 2: Master's degree in Business, Engineering, Statistics, Economics, Analytics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Information Technology or related field. Option 3: 4 years' experience in data analysis, data science, statistics, or related field.
As permitted by applicable law, provide evidence of full vaccination as defined by CDC guidelines OR secure approval of medical or religious accommodation for the vaccination mandate.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Data science, data analysis, statistics, or related field, Master’s degree in Business, Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, Economics, Analytics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Information Technology or related field, Related industry experience (for example, retail, merchandising, healthcare, eCommerce), Successful completion of assessments in data analysis and Business Intelligence tools and scripting languages (for example, SQL, Python, Spark, Scala, R, Power BI, or Tableau)