(USA) Senior Manager I, Seller Planning
San Bruno, CA
What you'll do...
The Walmart Marketplace is a curated community of respected, professional sellers who offer only top-quality, authentic products and best-in-class customer services.
The Senior Manager I, Seller Planning, is responsible for developing, executing and communicating sales plans/budgets and forecasts to support marketplace sellers for the Home Marketplace Team. You will create, maintain and improve sale plans across the business with the main objective of ensuring sales, cost profit and other financial goals are met. You will be part of the Strategic Initiatives team and work closely with the SAM leads, strategic account managers, business analysts, data & analytics team and site merchandising. You will partner closely with omni Planning team to develop best in class joint planning best practices and managing a team of analysts. If you are the ultimate planner and passionate about helping sellers optimize their business, this opportunity is for you!
You’ll sweep us off our feet if:
- You are customer/seller obsessed and relationship driven
- You are proactive and thrive in constantly evolving, fast-paced, dynamic environment
- You have strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- You are an expert at manipulating data to quickly highlight trends, risks, and draw accurate conclusions from the data
- You think outside the box when looking for opportunities across categories
- You are able to develop and maintain effective working relationships with cross-functional team members
- You love creative problem solving
- You are to develop talent
- You have strong presentation skills and enjoy giving business updates to leadership
- You are crafty and creative in looking for solutions and are able to utilize multiple tools and resources.
You’ll make an impact by:
- Possess influential communication skill:
- Exceling in business communication styles/techniques in ambiguous and challenging situations, situational awareness, communication channels/mediums, interpersonal skills and universal relationship building with ability to connect different stakeholders
- Performing planning and forecasting at the category/subcategory, seller, item level
- Building analysis that supports holiday assortment strategies and decisions
- Reviewing actual sales performance which could lead to reforecasting of sales and assortment needs based on trends
- Analyzing sales, inventory position by item, category and seller to determine assortment opportunity and drive sales growth
- Successfully managing Holiday/Peak readiness plans, providing insights to key stakeholders
- Determining effectiveness of promotions, price adjustments
- Leading weekly/monthly business reviews, and assist in the execution and distribution of weekly, monthly and quarterly reporting for the team
- Providing recaps on quarterly hindsight to drive future strategic inventory, profit and assortment decisions
- 8+ years’ experience in data analytics, strategic or merchandise planning, financial planning or similar field.
- 3+ years in experience in people management and strong mentorship
- 3+ years of experience in presentation to leadership, C-Suite communication
- Experience with data visualization tools (Looker, ThoughtSpot, Tableau)
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to construct simple and impactful message from complex analysis
- Experience in eCommerce retail
- Bachelor’s degree in Merchandising, Business Administration and 4 years’ experience in planning, budgeting, forecasting, inventory management or similar field
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel required, including v-lookups and pivot tables
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, or a related field OR 8 years’ experience in Business Management, e-Commerce, Finance, Omni-
Channel Merchandising or a related area
Live our Values
• Models the Walmart values to foster our culture; holds oneself and others accountable; and supports Walmart’s commitment to communities, social justice, corporate social responsibility, and sustainability; maintains and promotes the highest standards of integrity, ethics and compliance.
At Walmart, we offer competitive pay as well as performance-based incentive awards and other great benefits for a happier mind, body, and wallet. Health benefits include medical, vision and dental coverage. Financial benefits include 401(k), stock purchase and company-paid life insurance. Paid time off benefits include PTO (including sick leave), parental leave, family care leave, bereavement, jury duty, and voting. Other benefits include short-term and long-term disability, company discounts, Military Leave Pay, adoption and surrogacy expense reimbursement, and more.You will also receive PTO and/or PPTO that can be used for vacation, sick leave, holidays, or other purposes. The amount you receive depends on your job classification and length of employment. It will meet or exceed the requirements of paid sick leave laws, where applicable. For information about PTO, see https://one.walmart.com/notices .Live Better U is a Walmart-paid education benefit program for full-time and part-time associates in Walmart and Sam's Club facilities. Programs range from high school completion to bachelor's degrees, including English Language Learning and short-form certificates. Tuition, books, and fees are completely paid for by Walmart.Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to a specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart at https://bit.ly/3iOOb1J .The annual salary range for this position is $79,000.00-$169,000.00Additional compensation includes annual or quarterly performance incentives.Additional compensation for certain positions may also include:- Regional Pay Zone (RPZ) (based on location)- Stock equity incentives
• Acts as an altruistic servant leader and is consistently humble, self-aware, honest, and transparent.
Curiosity & Courage
• Demonstrates curiosity and a growth mindset; fosters an environment that supports learning, innovation, and intelligent risk-taking; and exhibits resilience in the face of setbacks.
Digital Transformation & Change
• Seeks and implements continuous improvements and encourages the team to leverage new digital tools and ways of working.
Deliver for the Customer
• Delivers expected business results while putting the customer first and consistently applying an omni-merchant mindset and the EDLP and EDLC business models to all plans.
• Adopts a holistic perspective that considers data, analytics, customer insights, and different parts of the business when making plans and shaping the team’s strategy.
Focus on our Associates
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
• Identifies, attracts, and retains diverse and inclusive team members; builds a high-performing team; embraces diversity in all its forms; and actively supports diversity goal programs.
Collaboration & Influence
• Builds strong and trusting relationships with team members and business partners; works collaboratively and cross-functionally to achieve objectives; and communicates with energy and positivity to motivate, influence, and inspire commitment and action.
• Creates a discipline and focus around developing talent, promotes an environment allowing everyone to bring their best selves to work, empowers associates and partners to act in the best interest of the customer and company, and regularly recognizes others’ contributions and accomplishments.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Option 1: Bachelor's degree in Business or a related field and 3 years’ experience in Business Management, Marketing, Omni-Channel
Merchandising, or a related area. Option 2: 5 years’ experience in Business Management, Marketing, Omni-Channel Merchandising, or a related
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Experience in data analytics, strategic or merchandise planning, financial planning, or related area., Experience in people management and mentorship., Experience in presentation to leadership or c-Suite communication.