(USA) Senior Manager II, Portfolio Management – Industrial
What you'll do...
Manages a diverse portfolio of industrial real estate within an assigned geographic area with a focus on the following primary job functions:
- New Site Development: this function involves conducting market analysis, site selection, deal negotiation, and project management to see a new industrial project from start to completion. Responsibilities include: conducting site searches; evaluating sites for development potential; managing the preparation of market and site analysis and comparisons to drive decision making; presenting findings and recommendations to internal customers, including leadership; managing deal negotiations and due diligence; reaching final deal terms with guidance from leadership; preparing for and presenting at various internal meetings, including committee meetings, closings, and operations meetings; and, collaborating with design, engineering, real estate brokers, and legal counsel to drive projects.
- Property Management: this function involves real estate contract management and requires strong negotiation skills and the ability to make efficient decisions in a fast-paced environment. Responsibilities include: serving as the primary real estate point of contact for operating and dark properties in an assigned geographic territory; administering leases, including any renewals or expirations; enforcing lease terms; managing third-party requests; communicating and coordinating real estate matters with internal customers and leadership; collaborating with landlords, neighbors, and governmental agencies to maintain strategic relationships and minimize compliance, financial, and reputational risks.
- Operations Support: this function involves responding to requests from operators within Supply Chain to source and secure short-term parking or warehouse space or other operational space needs. The ability to provide excellent and timely customer service is critical. Responsibilities include sourcing short term parking or warehouse space and negotiating agreements to secure the space in a timely and efficient manner.
- Excess Property Disposition: this function includes marketing, negotiation, and recommendation for sale of excess property. Excess property includes large parcels of raw land and former distribution center buildings. Responsibilities include: evaluating properties for disposition; working with real estate brokers to source potential tenants or purchasers; negotiating the right deal for the company; presenting the recommended deal to internal customers, leadership, and committees for approval; and, driving the approved deal to closing.
- Drives the execution of multiple business plans and projects by identifying customer and operational needs; developing and communicating business plans and priorities; removing barriers and obstacles that impact performance; providing resources; identifying performance standards; measuring progress and adjusting performance accordingly; developing contingency plans; and demonstrating adaptability and supporting continuous learning
- Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates by selecting and training; mentoring; assigning duties; building a team-based work environment; establishing performance expectations and conducting regular performance evaluations; providing recognition and rewards; coaching for success and improvement; and ensuring diversity awareness.
- Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by training and providing direction to others in their use and application; ensuring compliance with them; and utilizing and supporting the Open Door Policy.
- Ensures business needs are being met by evaluating the ongoing effectiveness of current plans, programs, and initiatives; consulting with business partners, managers, co-workers, or other key stakeholders; soliciting, evaluating, and applying suggestions for improving efficiency and cost-effectiveness; and participating in and supporting community outreach events.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Bachelor’s degree in Real Estate or related field and 3 years’ experience in real estate, retail development, tenant representation, or related area OR 5 years’ experience in real estate, retail development, tenant representation, or related area.
2 years’ experience in property management.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Project and portfolio management, Supervisory
Juris Doctorate or Masters: Business Administration
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Minimum Qualifications
Bachelor’s degree in Real Estate, or related field and 4 years’ experience in real estate, retail development, tenant representation, or related area OR 6 years’ experience in real estate, retail development, tenant representation, or related area.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Project and portfolio management, Property Management, SupervisoryJ.D., Masters: Business Administration