(USA) Software Engineer II
What you'll do...
Do you have good analytical skills? Do you dream data? Does it speak to you? Do you seek perfection, Can you see patterns and answers in the data when others see a just a bunch of numbers? Then this role is for you!
As a Software Engineer in Operations, you will first learn about the World largest retailer’s innovative design solutions in delivering millions of products to Stores /Customer door steps in the most cost effective ways. You will get the firsthand experience in understanding the sophisticated order journey flow in Walmart.
Our team works closely with our US stores and eCommerce business to better serve customers by empowering team members, stores, and merchants with technological innovation. From groceries and entertainment to sporting goods and crafts, Walmart U.S. offers an extensive selection that our customers value, whether they shop online at Walmart.com, through one of our mobile apps, or in-store. Focus areas include customers, stores and employees, in-store service, merchant tools, merchant data science, and search and personalization.
What you'll do:
As a Software Engineer in Operations, you will create/ develop and own the monitoring framework which interfaces with various applications. You will work closely with Developers/Product/Business in various teams in supporting new applications features, services launch and manage application using automated deployment tools. You will monitor, support and deploy our multi-tenant solutions.
- Quickly learn capabilities of every part of the predictive analytics platform including the Data, Caching and Messaging tiers, Application and systems infrastructure and services, and deployment architecture.
- Build and maintain tools for deployment, monitoring and operations.
- Develop efficient code to automate repetitive/manual tasks.
- Continuously research existing systems to find more efficient/ automated ways of preventing, minimizing or resolving issues.
- Improve our systems and applications with monitoring, analytics and ad hoc reporting.
- Work with business partners to provide them the accurate analytics empowering them to take the correct business decisions.
- Identify and troubleshoot issues, taking proactive steps to prevent and necessary steps to resolve.
- Escalate issues and work with other cross-functional engineering team members and see them through to resolution.
- Resolve day-to-day issues and relay updates to the team.
- Attitude to thrive in a fun, fast-paced start-up like environment.
- Provide oncall support to help Customer/business recover from impacting situations and to help build preventive solutions
What you'll bring:
- Programming expertise on Java 8, Shell Scripting,
- SQL and no-SQL Databases such as MongoDB, MS SQL, Cassandra, Cosmos DB, AZURE SQL, Elastic
- Knowledge on React, Mobile SDK(+) and F-sharp will be an added benefit
- Spring Boot
Experience working on:
- Data, complex SQL, Caching and Messaging tiers like Kafka, Megacache, couchbase etc
- Monitoring & Alerting tools such as Splunk, Medusa, Kibana
- Running infrastructure with public or private cloud environments and platforms like Azure, Kubernetes, Dockers etc
About Walmart Global Tech
Imagine working in an environment where one line of code can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people. That’s what we do at Walmart Global Tech. We’re a team of software engineers, data scientists, cybersecurity expert's and service professionals within the world’s leading retailer who make an epic impact and are at the forefront of the next retail disruption. People are why we innovate, and people power our innovations. We are people-led and tech-empowered. We train our team in the skillsets of the future and bring in experts like you to help us grow. We have roles for those chasing their first opportunity as well as those looking for the opportunity that will define their career. Here, you can kickstart a great career in tech, gain new skills and experience for virtually every industry, or leverage your expertise to innovate at scale, impact millions and reimagine the future of retail.
Flexible, hybrid work
We use a hybrid way of working that is primarily in office coupled with virtual when not onsite. Our campuses serve as a hub to enhance collaboration, bring us together for purpose and deliver on business needs. This approach helps us make quicker decisions, remove location barriers across our global team and be more flexible in our personal lives.
Benefits: Beyond our great compensation package, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Option 1: Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering, computer information systems, software engineering, or related area.Option 2: 3 years’ experience in software engineering or related area.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Certification in Security+, Network+, GISF, or GSEC