Utility 7p-7a Mon-Thurs
Are you looking for more?
At Mohawk Industries, we’re committed to more – more customer solutions, more process improvements, more sustainable manufacturing and more opportunities for our team.
As a Fortune 500, global flooring leader with some of the best-known brands in the industry, Mohawk is a great place to start or develop your career with an emphasis on more of what’s important to you. Whether you want to lead more, innovate more, learn more or create more, you can find your more with Mohawk.
What we need:
- The 4 roll calendar utility changes out roll and cores, operate winders, unwinders, belt press, calendar, lacquer, stacking equipment.
What you’ll do:
- Responsible for personal safety and participating in plant safety process
- Enter data into SAP
- Inspect and monitor quality of processed material
- Call for correct fiber, wear layer, and film rolls per production schedule
- Activate roll transfer from AGV to machine
- Splice new roll into existing roll per standard operating procedure
- Perform perfect splices every time
- Adjust tension
- Setup core for new roll
- Watch for and manage splice coming through machine
- Activate /monitor roll or slab transfer from machine to AGV
- Must follow the quality management system policy and procedures
- Communicate production or quality issues to appropriate team members
- Maintain a clean and efficient work station
- Assist with line changeovers
- Perform preventative maintenance and cleaning in area
- Operate lift truck, overhead crane, hoist
- Job rotation and relief of other team members
What you have:
- Must have a High School or GED diploma
- Flexible for all shifts
- Computer efficient.
- Quality experience desired
- Strong problem solving skills
- Mechanical aptitude
- Commitment to company values and safe work practices
- Excellent attention to detail
- Previous experience in the operation of production line, machinery and monitoring products preferred
- Must be able to pass IVC-US color vision test
- This job requires the employee to stand for long periods of time; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel object, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop; talk; and hear
- Must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel object, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop; talk; or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. This candidate must be willing and able to stand on their feet for periods of time.
- Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. This candidate must be able to work flexible hours.
- We’re located in a pretty great spot – check out this video to see what we mean
Mohawk Industries is a leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk’s vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean, Daltile, Durkan, IVC, Karastan, Marazzi, Mohawk, Mohawk Home, Pergo, and Quick-Step. During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into the world’s largest flooring company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Russia and the United States.
Mohawk Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability/veteran committed to an inclusive workplace and a proud Drugs Don’t Work participant.