Utility Associate- 1st shift
Rich Products Corp.
New Britain, CT
Rich’s, also known as Rich Products Corporation, is a family-owned food company dedicated to inspiring possibilities. From cakes and icings to pizza, appetizers and specialty toppings, our products are used in homes, restaurants and bakeries around the world. Beyond great food, our customers also gain insights to help them stay competitive, no matter their size. Our portfolio includes creative solutions geared at helping food industry professionals compete in foodservice, retail, in-store bakery, deli, and prepared foods, among others. Working in 100 locations globally, with annual sales exceeding $4 billion, Rich’s is a global leader with a focus on everything that family makes possible. Rich’s®—Infinite Possibilities. One Family.
The Utility Associate supports the production team by performing various functions associated with our manufacturing production line.
Maintain a safe, clean, and organized work area in compliance with housekeeping safety and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) requirements
· Adhere to GMP guidelines for personal practices regarding hygiene and cleanliness
· Unpacking & packing of ice cream cakes
· Setup of materials & tools necessary for production
· Follows food safety protocol and identifies/corrects potential hazards
· Operates material handling equipment
· Trash removal & maintaining cleanliness of production lines
· Provide coverage in other departments when needed
· Other duties as assigned
Must have a high school diploma or general education degree (GED)
· Must have the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
· Ability to read, write, and communicate about work instructions and safety information written in English
· Must have the ability to write simple correspondence and effectively communicate information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, other employees in the organization and vendors.
· Ability and desire to train other associates
· Previous sanitation/utility experience preferred
· Moderate degree of physical activity and coordination required
· Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
· Continuous standing and frequent walking
· Continuous pushing/pulling/lifting/reaching
· Work in moderately loud environment
· Works near moving mechanical parts
· Vision requirements: Requires distance vision, color visions, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to focus
· Must wear PPE and GMP appropriate for the position: protective eyewear (when needed), non-slip footwear, hair net, beard net (if applicable), nitrile food-grade gloves
Rich Products Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates (“Rich’s”), are committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law. The information collected by this application is solely to determine suitability for employment, verify identity, and maintain employment statistics on applicants.
By applying to this job and providing your mobile number, you are agreeing to receive an initial text from [Company], which you will have the ability to opt out of upon receipt. Message and data rates may apply. Message frequency varies.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Rich’s. Please contact Rich’s Human Resources department at [email protected] if you need assistance completing this application or to otherwise participate in the application process.ID:uDnQdo