Econolite Group, Inc.
Econolite’s ITS solutions ease traffic congestion, provide safer mobility, and improve quality of life. As the one-stop-shop leader for traffic management systems, sensor products, and services, Econolite is committed to the advancement of connected and autonomous vehicles, smart cities, and cybersecurity.
Under general direction, the Utility Laborer will support Econolite Systems by performing work in the installation, troubleshooting and maintenance of traffic signals and other Intelligent Transportation System (ITS) devices.
- Assist in performing maintenance for traffic signal controllers and cabinets, and perform basic troubleshooting of wiring problems in cabinets, as well as underground.
- Under direction, install various types of traffic signal controllers, video detection systems, CCTV. Install and remove temporary/permanent replacement poles, signal heads, ISNS, street lighting and/or combination of these items
- Assist to troubleshoot and repair wiring problems in the street, may include saw cutting of concrete & asphalt; may also include replacement of underground conduit, conductors and pull boxes; test and splice loop detectors in the street
- Assist with installation of school zone flashers, including ground preparation for pole anchor installation, wiring of cabinets / flashers / batteries / solar panels, and pole install.
- Perform all job functions of Utility Laborer and any other assignments as requested
- Performs other duties as required and assigned
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- One (1) to Five (5) years of related traffic signal/ITS (Intelligent Transportation Systems), Construction, or Electrical experience preferred.
- Knowledge of tools, equipment, practices, and methods used in installing, maintaining, and repairing traffic signals, ITS devices and associated equipment preferred. Video Detection configuration, troubleshooting and repair experience highly desired.
- Knowledge of principles and practices of traffic control guidelines, both state and local, in addition to pertinent federal, state, and local codes, laws, and regulations regarding electronics.
- Knowledge of Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) regulations.
- Ability to wire and connect cables necessary for operation of signalized intersections preferred.
- Must have a valid Driver’s License and an acceptable DMV record.
- Ability to exert moderate physical effort, typically involving some combination of climbing and balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, and may involve lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling of objects and materials of moderate weight (up to 50 pounds).
The above statements are intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. They are not designed to contain or be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, skills, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
We conform to all the laws, statutes, and regulations concerning equal employment opportunities and affirmative action. We strongly encourage women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply to all of our job openings. We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, lactation, ancestry/national origin, citizenship, age, disability, arrest and court records, military & veteran's status, Genetic Information & Testing, Family & Medical Leave, or any other classification protected by state or federal law.
We prohibit Retaliation against individuals who bring forth any complaint, orally or in writing, to the employer or the government, or against any individuals who assist or participate in the investigation of any complaint or otherwise oppose discrimination.
An Equal Opportunity Employer - Non-Smoking Facility