Vactor Welder Class III – 2nd shift Aluminum Welder starting at $28.08/hr. and topping out at $34.56/hr.
Mark Rite Lines Equipment Company, Inc.
- Roll and weld aluminum and stainless steel round and pear-shaped water tanks
- Assemble related components and smaller aluminum or stainless steel parts
- Operate equipment such as Mig welding machines
- Operate gas torch, plasma torch, grinders, jib hoists, and overhead crane
- Maintain a clean, safe workplace
- Overtime commitment when needed
- Responsible for own work
- Must submit for medical surveillance according to Vactor’s Hexavalent Chromium Program.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Must be able to Tig and Mig weld aluminum and steel
- Must have mechanical aptitude and a minimum of 2 years of welding experience
- Must be able to read blueprints, diagrams, tape measures, and build tickets
- Must have good knowledge of weld symbols, processes, and procedures
- Must be able to operate seam welder and roller to make tank wraps
- Must be able to operate all machines and tools in the department
- Must be able to use jigs and fixtures to produce weldments
- Must pass weld test; weld certification desired but not required
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision
EDUCATION REQUIRED: High school grad or equivalent
Benefits of Employment:
In addition to excellent career growth opportunities, Federal Signal Corporation offers a wide array of benefits including: annual bonus potential, insurance (life, medical, dental, vision), paid holidays, paid vacation, 401(k) with matching contributions and tuition reimbursement. We provide our employees with a smoke-free, drug-free workplace.
Federal Signal Corporation (NYSE: FSS) provides products and services to protect people and our plant. Founded in 1901, Federal Signal is a leading global designer and manufacturer of products and total solutions that serve municipal, governmental, industrial and commercial customers. Headquartered in Oak Brook, IL, with manufacturing facilities worldwide, the Company operates two groups: Environmental Solutions and Safety and Security Systems.
For more information on Federal Signal, visit: www.federalsignal.com. The Company is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of, and will receive consideration for employment without regard to, race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, genetic information, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category, characteristic, or trait under applicable law. If you require reasonable accommodation in the application process, call Human Resources at 630-954-2000. All other applications must be submitted online.
Vactor Mfg. Inc. is a leading manufacturer of municipal combination catch basin/sewer cleaning vacuum trucks and industrial vacuum loaders that clean up industrial waste or recover and recycle valuable raw materials. Vactor is located in Streator, IL and is a subsidiary of Federal Signal Corporation.