Do you love wiring cars or working with electronics while supporting law enforcement and first responders? Do you have one (1) or more years of experience installing car radios, car alarms, body work and more in a fast-paced shop or related experience?
Mobile Communications America, Inc. is hiring an Installer for our Savannah, GA location. The individual in this role must be able to demonstrate proficiency with installations of mobile and fixed wireless radio equipment consistent with manufacturer and company guidelines.
- Connect electrical fittings, drill holes, soldering and perform all physical tasks associated with modifying vehicles for the acceptance of emergency-related equipment
- Install electrical wiring, antenna systems, route antenna, data, and power cabling, and apply a variety of electrical connectors.
- Disassemble and reassemble trim, seats, lights, headliners, and carpet in motor vehicles, heavy equipment, and/or any other type equipment in order to properly route wiring and install equipment.
- Troubleshoot and diagnose problems with equipment as necessary
- Complete installations for diverse range of vehicle makes and models, including sedans, SUVs, commercial trucks, buses, motorcycles, ATVs.
- Maintain safe, clean, and orderly tools and work area
- Continuous learning in new products, skills techniques from colleagues and manufacturers
- Complete all required paperwork and documentation
- Maintain customer confidence by keeping service information confidential.
- Must possess a High School Diploma or GED (Associate Degree Preferred) with at least 2 years of technical experience, or a combination of related education / experience.
- Willingness to learn new technologies in public safety communications and equipment
- Experience in or basic knowledge of installation and troubleshooting two-way radios, sirens, warning lights, and other public safety vehicular equipment is preferred.
- Ability to succeed in an often fast-paced environment, establish priorities, work independently, and proceed with objectives without supervision.
- Must be able to interact and communicate professionally.
- Proven track record of reliability and responsibility.
- High level of integrity.
- Ability to work flexible shifts and to adapt to changing work schedules.
The physical environment requires the employee to work both inside and outside in heat/cold, wet/humid, and dry/arid conditions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; talk or hear, utilize personal protective equipment to prevent exposure to potentially hazardous materials, lift (overhead, waist level) from floor, bending, frequently utilize near vision use for reading and computer use; be able to handle semi-frequent stressful conditions (cardiovascular), frequently work in outdoor weather conditions, frequently move equipment weighing up to 50 pounds, occasionally ascend / descend a ladder, operate a motor vehicle, frequently position self to maintain computers or other equipment as needed.
No Direct Reports
Must have the ability to travel as needed. Some overnight travel may be expected.
WHO WE ARE
Mobile Communications America, Inc. (MCA) provides wireless communication, data and security solutions that enhance the safety, security, and efficiency of workplaces across the nation. Customers trust us to provide a portfolio of turn-key systems, products, and services — including two-way radio communications, vehicle uplift, security video and access control systems, BDA/DAS, remote monitoring, GPS tracking, SCADA, dispatch, mass notification, and point-to-point wireless networks. Our more than 65,000 customers span industries such as public safety, commercial, manufacturing, education, healthcare, utilities, and government. In addition to being the largest Motorola partner in the U.S., MCA has strategic partnerships with over 1,000 major manufacturers to offer an extensive portfolio of products and technologies.
Since 2013, MCA acquired more than forty companies for both geographic density and technology portfolio diversity. These companies bring a combined industry experience of more than 75 years to build out a central corporate team and three operating divisions – Motorola (MSS), Data and Security. With more than 1350 employees and more than 85 locations throughout 13 states, we are there when our customers need us most. Our geographic footprint includes service centers across Alabama, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Maryland, Michigan, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, and West Virginia with the capability to service national customers across the United States. Our solution diversity and geographic footprint provide opportunities for employee growth and career development.
WHAT WE BELIEVE
When you join our team, you join the MCA family! We are better together through the MCA Way: living our core values of Service First, Growth, Teamwork, and Safety. We take our work and our customers seriously and believe that our best work can also be fun. A component of our business that embodies the MCA advantage is our “Service First DNA” culture. Service isn’t just a motto for MCA, it’s an integral part of who we are and goes beyond our customers to our employees, partners, shareholder, and communities.
NOTE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the person assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, and physical demands required of personnel so classified.
Mobile Communications America, Inc. offers competitive compensation as well as comprehensive benefits to include: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Paid Time Off (PTO), Holiday Pay and much more.
Mobile Communications America, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity workplace and is an Affirmative Action employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment that celebrates diversity. At MCA, we are “better together.”