Vice President, Business Development
In line with our continued and focused growth strategy, we are currently seeking a Business Development Vice President (BDVP)to support developing, identifying, and capturing new business across our company while maintaining and growing our existing business within the Federal, State, and local government.
Reporting to the Vice President (VP) of the Federal Defense Solutions Business, the BDVP will lead ARENA’s business development, government relations, capture, and partnerships teams, in addition to providing insight and tactical direction toward AREANA’s market competitiveness, proposal management, and distribution channel strategies.
Subsets of these responsibilities will include operational oversight of customer engagement, pipeline growth, proposals submitted, and the capture awarding process to achieve maximum customers and market penetration tactical strategic growth, in partnership with the executive leadership team to foster the strategic partnerships necessary to achieve growth with both government and industry stakeholders.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide leadership in the management and oversight of a staff of market facing business development capture, and proposal professionals working in concert with delivery professionals to identify and prosecute prime new business opportunities. Target and capture programs in the $200M-$1B range.
- Develop and execute external messaging to position the company as an employer of choice, provider of choice, and partner of choice in the federal government contracting industry.
- Win major strategic pursuits as the consultative sales process leader, contributing strategy, business development best practices and sales leadership to drive an integrated growth strategy.
- Research, identify and develop strategies to expand business opportunities, focused programs, and initiatives.
- Partner with program leadership, Marketing and Capture Managers to close new business, drive our sales process, QA/QC, champion of the process, prepare and facilitate presentations, RFQ, RFP, and highly complex proposal responses.
- Direct discovery, pre-positioning, differentiation, and delivery strategies for major transformative programs with current/prospective clients and internal partners.
- Guides technical writers to develop dynamic and compelling content, that is both compliant and compelling/persuasive. Ensures partnership between technical and marketing staff for proposal best practices.
- Support building and maintaining a deep and diversified qualified opportunity pipeline and bring discipline and rigor to the Go/No Go process and capture management planning phase.
- Lead pursuit team strategy meetings and coach presentation/interview teams in coordination with Marketing. Work in collaboration with Marketing to develop and execute strategic marketing campaigns that position ARENA around key opportunities.
- Participate in industry conferences, Industry Days, and related events to market ARENA and identify potential opportunities and partnerships.
Delivery focus- Demonstrated ability to set a schedule and milestones for the opportunity short-, medium- and long-term goals, including reviews, deliverables, and ultimate delivery of the bid/proposal while managing the opportunity budget.
Growth - Drives growth through the ability to position for and capture key opportunities including both new business opportunities and the renewal/extension of existing opportunities within the account.
External Presence- Has strong market, marketing, and technical knowledge, which is relevant to the opportunity being pursued.
Client Relationships- Partners with the Client Account Manager and other business line representatives (including geo-political positioning).
Internal Presence- Ability to communicate pursuit priorities clearly across divisions to senior and business line leadership, to ensure resources are made available and win strategies are supported.
People/Team Developer- Encourages diverse, accountable, and inclusive teams leveraging AREANS’s footprint to enable individual growth and collective success through trust, autonomy, accountability, and alignment. Coaches and supports other team members in building strong relationships within the capture team and trains others in ARENA to enhance their capture management knowledge.
Create strong ARENA Reputation– As a new organization, champion for ethical and safe working practices while focusing on I&D endeavors and promoting the company’s strength in those areas to clients, customers, and partners within the industry.
Innovation- Understanding client’s innovation agenda, acts as a conduit to position ARENA’s innovative solutions within the specific opportunity while encouraging adoption of key ARENA initiatives.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field of study or demonstrated equivalency of experience and/or education.
- 12+ years of substantial Business Development experience including at least 8 years of experienceleading teams or major projects. Experience must demonstrate proven track record of sales production, demonstrated skills in business development strategy, team leadership, client discovery and development of compelling value propositions that meet client’s needs.
- Proven experience building relationships with government stakeholders across various segments. Familiarity with Best-in-Class contract vehicles (e.g., 8(a) STARS III, Alliant 2, CIO-SP3, VETS 2)
- Experience in leading and winning opportunities associated with joint ventures (JV), contractor teaming arrangements (CTA), or other teaming structures.
- Proven experience in program/project planning, tracking, analysis, team organization, subcontract management ·, risk planning, customer coordination, and briefing senior management.
- Expertise in building winning teams, developing win strategies, supporting Price to Win (PTW) efforts, driving technical strategy development, and delivering differentiated bids.
- Demonstrated initiative, ability to work well in a team environment, lead and manage teams and exceptional organizational and time-management skills.
- Ability to effectively write and convey compelling customer value propositions and business case/financial proposals.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges and the skill set to dive deep and develop and execute business development programs.
- Ability to develop new strategies to increase business in core government agencies.
- Ability to travel approximately 25% of the time.
- Top Secret clearance a plus
- MBA a plus
VSE is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, Protected Veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
At VSE, we don’t just hire employees; we nurture careers and champion well-being. We understand that our success is driven by the people who make up our incredible team, and that’s why we’re committed to providing a workplace that goes beyond just a job-it’s a place where you can truly flourish. When you choose VSE, you’re choosing a company that prioritizes YOU.
Let us tell you why:
Time Off: Enjoy Paid Time Off to relax and recharge.
Family Support: We offer Paid Maternity Leave and Paid Bonding Leave, along with access to our Employee Assistance Program, ensuring your family’s well-being.
Education: Pursue your educational goals with Tuition Reimbursement for Undergrad, Technical, and Graduate Programs.
Financial Security: We offer a 401(k) and Employee Stock Purchase Plan to secure your financial future. Healthcare: Your health is essential, and we provide Health, Dental, and Vision Care.
Flexible Spending: Take advantage of HSA, FSA, and Dependent Care plans for added flexibility.
Insurance: We've got you covered with Short-Term and Long-Term disability insurance.
Competitive Salaries: Your hard work is rewarded with competitive salaries. Ready to be part of a company that values you as much as your skills and expertise?
Join VSE and let’s take your career to new heights while ensuring your well-being every step of the way. Come grow with us. Your future begins here. Apply TODAY!