Vice President, Portfolio Strategy
C & D Technologies
It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they're doing!
We're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business.
Position: Vice President, Portfolio Strategy
Report to Title: Chief Commercial Officer
Date: April 2023
The Vice President, Portfolio Strategy is responsible for the portfolio growth strategy and its execution across our all markets, to achieve our strategic business objectives. This individual will lead the Product Management team, work across company disciplines to execute the portfolio roadmap and go-to-market strategy for profitable growth. The Vice President, Portfolio Strategy will have a deep understanding of customer needs, purchase behavior, competitive landscape, and technology trends. In order to be successful in this role, it will be critical to have a heightened sense of urgency and able to execute.
• Develop and execute strategic initiatives that leverage our business strength and extend the brand as a leader in all markets (Stationary, Motive, and Lithium)
• An expert of product strategies to develop product roadmaps with go-to-market strategy, backed up with fact-based financial justifications to execute the plan.
• Partner with sales, engineering, marketing, operations, channel partners and end-customers to develop commercialization plans that accelerate market penetration.
• Track new product performance results and actively drive countermeasures to meet business targets.
• Continuously refine the product value propositions and optimize price positioning to extract maximum value.
• Lead and provide messaging supported by sales and (digital) marketing tools to create awareness.
• Conduct portfolio simplification for profit maximization and reduce manufacturing complexity.
• Manage internal stakeholders regarding product changes, packaging modifications, and introductions.
• P&L owner for the product portfolio and work cross-functionally to drive top and bottom-line results.
• Prepare pro-forma statements of business opportunities that estimate revenue and margin along with commercial risk, technical risk, strategic importance, and resources required to execute.
• Provide direction for competitive testing and compare competitive offerings.
• Travel as needed to support events, kick-offs, and customer engagements (up to 30%)
• Bachelor’s degree or higher.
• 9+ years of demonstrated success in leading strategy
• Track record of leading portfolio management, innovation creation, pricing, and product positioning.
• Hands-on experience with B2B value selling, marketing and branding.
• Business acumen and experience managing and improving P&L results
• Team player with strong collaboration skills and ability to influence at all levels of the organization
• A bias for action and demonstrated ability to drive an execution plan
• Program management ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
• Proven oral and written communication skills
• Global awareness with the ability to interface with international markets
• Must be able to lawfully work within the US and have unrestricted work authorization for US
• Experienced with distribution market model
• Seasoned in both consumer and commercial markets
if you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you'll enjoy your career with us!ID:uDnQdo