Visitor Center – Line Cook (Full-time)
Tillamook County Creamery Association
Visitor Center – Line Cook (Full-time)
Come join the Tillamook Team where our philosophy is “Do Right By Every Bite.” As an independent farmer-owned cooperative, we have been guided by good, honest values since 1909. We believe in putting quality over profit, natural over artificial, and that hard work can never be outsmarted. We’re taking a stand for real food, because everyone deserves better.
We invite members of all diverse communities to join our workforce. At Tillamook, we believe that inclusion and diversity are central to our cultural strategy. In order to achieve our growth ambition and compete and win in the marketplace, we believe we make better decisions and build stronger teams when we invite and rely on diverse perspectives, thoughts, backgrounds and cultures into our work and to fuel our innovation and growth. To us this means creating a climate of inclusion where all employees feel valued and a sense of belonging. We believe this will make us a better consumer brand and employer.
What does real food mean to you? Is your favorite dish a cheesy casserole? Perhaps a decadent and indulgent ice cream? Either way, your identification with food is important to us. People who fit well here at Tillamook have a commitment to quality in everything they do. Our team members understand our vision, contribute to our mission, thrive on innovative thinking, hard work and good, honest values.
Our team members understand our vision, contribute to our mission, thrive on innovative thinking, hard work and good, honest values. We live by these shared values: We are Good Stewards, We believe in Uncompromising Quality, We work as One Team, We Play to Win, and We Genuinely Care for each other.
What you will do:
The Line Cook worker contributes to the successful day-to-day operations with connecting guests with Tillamook’s premium dairy products. This position is responsible for preparing, serving, and maintaining the high standards of quality put forth by the foodservice guidelines. These responsibilities are to be performed timely and while upholding Tillamook’s Shared Values to achieve the highest level of guest satisfaction and success as outlined by the business plan. The Line Cook will report directly to the Food & Beverage Manager and will be responsible for food service stations, maintaining kitchen cleanliness, adhering to all food and sanitary guidelines, as well as all other responsibilities directed by the management team.
Here’s a day in the life:
· Prepare all food orders quickly, correctly and with the highest quality. Operate and maintain grills, fryers, and assorted appliances and kitchen equipment
· Uphold the integrity of the foodservice guidelines with brand standards, techniques, and adhering to local and state law
· Prepare food for service. Prep, date, rotate, and check temperatures of product
· Assist with the cleaning and organization of kitchen equipment
· Complete opening and closing procedures
· Stock all supplies with items necessary for the preparation of recipes
· Label and stock daily/weekly orders from food service vendor
· Maintain a clean and sanitary work area. Sanitary solution changed hourly
· Record temperatures of all refrigeration and freezer equipment at open and close. Notify correct personnel if temperatures are not incorrect range
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
· High school diploma or GED is preferred
· Minimum 1 year of experience with commercial food preparation and equipment preferred
· Must obtain food handlers card within 30 days of hire
· Standing and/or walking
· Lifting 25 lbs.
· Vision for machine or computer operations
Industry leading benefit and reward programs:
We offer outstanding benefits to our employees. For more information, please visit the careers page: www.tillamook.com/careers.
We are committed to creating a diverse culture and inclusive conditions where all employees are heard, valued and feel a sense of belonging. We rely on different perspectives, thoughts, backgrounds and cultures to inform our work, to help us be better as a brand and as an employer and to fuel our success. We are seeking talent from a wide range of diversity, perspectives and backgrounds to join our exceptional organization and help us build our future.
Tillamook County Creamery Association (TCCA) is a Drug-Free Workplace. EEO/AAID:uDnQdo