Wallwork Truck Center Quality Control Specialist – Grand Forks, ND
Fargo Trailer Center
Grand Forks, ND
The role of the Quality Control Specialist is to review vehicle repairs to assure utmost quality and cleanliness along with road testing vehicle to assure the customers concern has been properly repaired.
QUALIFICATIONS (minimum requirements)
Education and/or years’ experience required:
· High School Diploma or G.E.D.
· Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record.
· CDL and must have a minimum of 2yrs experience driving Class 7 and 8 vehicles
Preferred/Required Skills and Abilities:
· Must be able to work in a team environment
· Excellent communication and customer service skills
· Strong attention to detail
· Strong work ethic
Supervision of others/decision making aptitude (if applicable):
· This is not a supervisory position
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND ACCOUNTABILITES
· Work closely with shop foreman and advisors
· Inspect and road test vehicles upon completion of work to ensure the quality of the repairs performed.
· Road testing will require a current, clean and valid CDL.
· Offer feedback to foreman and technicians if further repairs are needed.
· Ensure vehicle has been cleaned up and work is like or better than OEM after the technician is done performing repairs, i.e. oil and grease mess cleaned up, harnesses and hoses properly tied up.
· Ensure mechanical and body repairs on customers' trucks performed as required to meet customers' needs.
· If additional work is needed, explain the details to the foreman, advisor or manager.
· Promote safe work habits and ensure that safety rules are followed.
· Maintain policies and practices to ensure positive employee, customer and interdepartmental relations.
· Maintain a positive attitude and maintain appropriate communication within and between all departments.
· Assist foreman with gathering vehicle information along with bringing vehicles in and out of the shop.
· Help keep customer vehicles that are in for service, are organized in the lot.
· Must be capable of working under pressure, work independently, and have the ability to handle stressful situations that may arise.
· Participate in shop meetings providing suggestions and feedback to better the team and customer experience.
· Adhere to work schedule and maintain regular attendance.
· Performs Wallwork Inc.-wide duties as requested by the designated supervisor.
· Upholds Wallwork Inc. ethical standards and demonstrates the behavioral and service expectations as defined in our policies and procedures.
The above functions listed are intended to describe the major elements and requirements of the position and should not be taken as an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, duties, and skills required of the individuals assigned to this position. Performance of the essential functions may require specific physical demands as described in this job description