Warehouse and Delivery Associate
Vertex Chemical Corp.
$5K sign-on bonus
Hawkins, Inc. is a trusted and well-known leader in the chemical industry for over 80 years. We have opportunities for motivated hard workers to learn and develop a career with our Water Treatment business segment. Our route sales/delivery approach to supplying products and equipment to our customers in 27+ states ensures superb customer service and support. Our customers include water and wastewater treatment systems, municipal and commercial swimming pools, industrial process and wastewater facilities, and industries like oil/gas and agricultural farmers/growers.
Learn more about us at www.hawkinsinc.com (NASDAQ: HWKN).
To learn more about Hawkins Water Treatment and the sales, delivery and warehouse positions, watch this short video.
ABOUT THE JOB
We have an exciting opportunity for a Warehouse Associate to join our team. This role contributes to the success of the branch and offers career growth opportunities. Working with the team and also independently, the Warehouse Associate maintains the warehouse area at the branch, supports the Technical Route Sales Representatives, and may also perform some deliveries.
Pay Range: $20 to $23 per hour (depending on experience)
Many aspects of this job are learned through company-provided paid on-the-job training!
- Perform all warehouse duties and procedures including pick, pack, prepare and ship all orders according to DOT requirements.
- Load and unload product by truck; inspect and fill chemical containers.
- Perform inspections and maintenance tasks as needed.
- Perform product rotation, cycle counts, and physical inventory counts. Help resolve inventory discrepancies.
- Maintain/monitor warehouse and office data and ensure upkeep of housekeeping standards.
- May provide back-up support to the sales team, including driving a truck, delivering product, and providing excellent customer service.
- Follow all safety procedures and safely operate motorized and non-motorized equipment/vehicles including double axel tandem truck, forklift and pallet jack. Comply with all applicable Federal, State and Corporate environmental, safety, health regulations and standard operating procedures.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Ability to operate an industrial fork truck required; previous experience preferred
- Ability to obtain a Class B CDL with hazmat, tanker and airbrakes endorsements (we will assist in training – must meet DOT and company requirements)
- Ability to perform basic computer functions such as email and data entry
- Good communication and customer service skills
- Takes initiative and works well without constant supervision
- Ability to work varied hours, overtime, and provide field support as needed
- Physically able to lift 50 pounds frequently and 75 pounds occasionally, safely operate a forklift, climb in and out of the truck and enter customer sites repeatedly, reach overhead and perform manual tasks, and work in all weather conditions indoors and outdoors in required PPE – all while following safety standards and requirements
Benefits of working for Hawkins, an award-winning employer, include:
- Paid on-the-job training
- Medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- Generous 401(k) employer match
- Company-paid uniforms
- Cell phone stipend
- A focus on YOUR DEVELOPMENT
All applications must be received online. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law. Hawkins is a Drug Free workplace.