Warehouse Associate/ 1st shift / $17 per hour
Custom Assembly, Inc.
Custom Assembly, Inc. specializes in the assembly, warehousing, and distribution of recreational vehicles. We are a family run organization that has been in business for 30+ years.
The Warehouse Associate directs inbound shipments to the proper dock, reads bills for accuracy, inputs data into database, quality control, minor assembly, pushing, pulling and loading of powersport vehicles into tractor trailers in a non-climate controlled warehouse. Close attention to detail and care with our customer's vehicles is vital. Our goal is to have showroom-floor ready vehicles available to dealers upon arrival.
Pay: $17 per hour
- Health Insurance (After a 30-day probationary period)
- Dental Insurance (After a 30-day probationary period)
- Vision Insurance (After a 30-day probationary period)
- Company Paid Life Insurance (After a 30-day probationary period)
- Paid time off (40 hours accrued upon completion of one year of service, 40 hours of unpaid time available immediately)
- Holidays (After a 90-day probationary period)
- 401k (After a 90-day probationary period)
This is a full-time 1st shift (7AM - 3:30PM) position with possible overtime.
Daily tasks will include but not be limited to:
- Operate office machines, such as photocopiers and scanners, facsimile machines, voice mail systems, and personal computers.
- Assemble recreational vehicles according to manufacturer specifications
- Answer telephones, direct calls, and take messages
- Ability to safely operate material handling equipment to move materials to and from storage, and load and unload trailers
- Manually move units and material from receiving to the warehouse in an efficient, effective and safe manner.
- Compile, sort and verify the accuracy of data before it is entered.
- Accurately complete receiving reports for units and material received.
- Review files, records, and other documents to obtain information to respond to requests.
- Coordinate shipping schedules, inbound & outbound.
- Communicate with customers, staff, outside carriers to address questions, problems, or requests.
- Read and Execute the Load Plan
- Secure units with strapping to prevent unit damage or shifting in transit
- Stage units and materials for counting and inspection; ensures shipping reports accurately report units and material shipped.
- Process Loads
- Handle Bill of Ladings
- Maintaining an efficient work flow from receiving, unloading, staging, and loading
- Forklift Driving Experience
- Ability to input, retrieve and analyze data
- MS Office proficiency
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Shipping or Receiving experience a plus!
Custom Assembly is an Equal Opportunity Employer who participates in the E-Verify process. We are a Drug Free Workplace. Criminal Background Report and Drug screenings will be completed prior to employment. Custom Assembly offers Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits and a 401K with company match.