Warehouse Associate – 1st Shift
Simpson Strong-Tie Co., Inc.
Simpson Strong-Tie is a leader in engineered structural connectors, software, and solutions for the building industry. We maintain a reputation as a trusted manufacturer, partner, and corporate citizen committed to our customers and employees.
Our founder, Barc Simpson established 9 Principles of Business we live out as company values and have made Simpson Strong-Tie an inspiring place to work since 1956. Our team of talented people are dedicated to our shared mission: to provide solutions that help people design and build safer, stronger structures.
Learn about our company culture directly from our team.
You want to be an important member of a strong team of other makers who take pride in their work and support each other. As a Warehouse Associate, you will be responsible for picking/LTL, receiving/UPS, and/or stocking finished goods needed to fulfill customer orders. We have openings on our 1st shift Monday through Friday 9am to 5:30pm with overtime as needed. That’s year one. If career growth is important to you, we not only know how to help you with that, it’s what we love to do: https://youtu.be/PUqzuWryYcU.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING (% of Time)
Complete shipments using ERP system and/or tablet. Pull, package, and palletize products for shipment. Ensure incoming and outgoing shipments meet packaging, customer, and quality standards. Receive, stock, and rotate product. Identify, tag, store and locate finished inventory. (70%)
Create and apply documents, such as shipping labels, packing list, and bills of lading for each pallet/shipment. (10%)
Maintain a clean work environment. (10%)
Other duties as assigned. (10%)
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
If you can do everything listed above, you’ve got what it takes. Perhaps some of the following would be helpful too:
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent required.
- Simpson Strong-Tie Powered Industrial Truck Certification required (will certify at hire).
- D.O.T. HazMat Training required (will certify at hire).
- 1 year of warehouse, logistics, and/or shipping experience required.
- Equipment: Operate forklift, reach truck, order picker, and electric pallet jack.
- Safety: Ability to prioritize safety by demonstrating safe work practices and promoting a safe work environment.
- Mathematical Reasoning: Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiple and divide with 10’s and 100’s.
- Ability to Work Independently: Follow both written and oral instructions, including safety guidelines, work instructions, and company policies.
- Attendance: Able to consistently demonstrate reliable, punctual attendance in accordance with our attendance policy.
- Communication Skills: Speak in the most effective way to relay information to all departments and at all levels within the organization. Listen and ask questions to ensure understanding.
- Quality Standards Knowledge: Demonstrate an understanding of company quality standards and company quality control processes.
- Problem Solving: Able to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Teamwork: Ability to work with other team members to accomplish group goals.
- Results Focus & Initiative: Ability to multi task and take initiative in a challenging, fast-paced environment.
- Customer Service Skills: Apply customer service principles and processes on the job and with others
- Reading Comprehension: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
WORK STATUS & LOCATION
This full-time, non-exempt position is located in Enfield, CT.
Relocation is not available for this position.
$19 - $22 / hour
REWARDS AT SIMPSON STRONG-TIE
We recognize and reward employees with a carefully designed and comprehensive rewards package, including competitive compensation, quarterly bonuses or commission and first-rate benefits. May exclude some positions, such as seasonal jobs.
- Quarterly Bonuses/Commission: You will be eligible for either a bonus or commission, paid on a quarterly basis. We believe all employees affect customers, sales and revenue — directly or indirectly – and should be rewarded by sharing the company profits.
- Benefits: We provide a wide range of benefits for eligible full-time employees including: medical, dental, vision, retirement contributions, employee stock purchase and bonus plans, pay for holidays, vacation, sick days, funerals and jury duty, years of service awards, employee discounts, employee referral bonuses, charitable contribution matching, education reimbursement and more.
In keeping with the Company's commitment to the communities in which it does business, we are an equal opportunity employer. This means that to the fullest extent required by local law, employment decisions are based on merit and business needs and not on race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender (which state law may define to include gender identity/expression, transgender identity, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, and gender stereotyping), sexual orientation, age, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, genetic information, medical condition, covered marital status, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Please note all job offers are contingent upon a successful background investigation and drug test. Simpson Strong-Tie’s drug policy is based upon Federal Law, and therefore will screen applicants for amphetamines, including methamphetamines, cocaine, marijuana/THC, phencyclidine, and opiates.
#NowHiring #GetHired #Hiring #HiringNowID:uDnQdo